How to Make Triple Cheese Mac
Over medium heat whisk together butter (I don't ever have margarine. I only allow butter in this house. You know the real stuff that is made from real cream.), garlic, and flour.
When it has formed a paste, add the milk, mustard and salt and pepper to taste. I personally add the milk slowly. About a third to a half a cup at a time to heat the milk more quickly rather than dumping it all in together.
Cook until thickened and smooth. I usually have a rule of thumb being let it boil for about a minute before removing from heat. Then start adding the cheese. Beginning with the cheddar.
Then the shredded American also know as Velveeta.
Then some Parmesan cheese
When the cheese is melted, pour the cooked, drained pasta into the cheese sauce. Pour into a greased 13 X 9 pan.
Then sprinkle with bread crumbs. The recipe didn't call for melted butter to be mixed into the bread crumbs, but I would melt a tablespoon and then mix the bread crumbs into it before sprinkling over top of the macaroni.
Then bake for about 35 minutes on 350 degrees.
Serve with a great cheese-drenched burger. And lick the pan clean!
Macaroni and Cheese Recipes
Triple Cheese Mac - 3 Cheese Mac & Cheese
- 16 ounces elbow macaroni
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 cup flour
- 3 ½ cups milk
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- ½ cup American cheese
- 1 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ cup Panko bread crumbs
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tablespoon spicy mustard
- Begin by preheating the oven to 350°.
- Bring the water to a rolling boil and begin boiling macaroni. Cook the macaroni for as instructed.
- While the pasta cooks, whisk the 6 tablespoons of butter, minced garlic, and flour together in a Dutch oven or saucepan. Slowly add the milk a half a cup at a time. Add the mustard as well as salt and pepper to taste.
- Then add the shredded cheeses one cup at a time. Continue to stir to melt.
- Pour the cooked macaroni in the cheese sauce. Transfer to a greased 13x9 pan. Sprinkle the bread crumbs over the top.
- Put the macaroni and cheese in the oven and bake for 35 minutes until golden brown.
Linked to: Beauty & Bedlam
- Spicy Ranch 7-Layer Taco Dip - Single Serving Option - September 6, 2021
- Tomato Basil Sauce - Homemade Tomato Sauce Recipe - September 2, 2021
- Cucumbers and Sour Cream - How to Make Cucumber and Sour Cream Salad - July 25, 2021