As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
If any of you have a love for the cheesy goodness of Philly Cheese steaks, you are not going to be able to resist this Philly Cheese Steak pizza.
I had made the PW’s pizza crust for a pizza earlier in the week when I was going to be at a meeting. I figured the hubby could put together a pizza if I had all the ingredients. So, I needed to use the other half of the dough. I also had some leftover Italian Beef, so I figured I could make some kind of pizza. But, if you have a tube of store bought, feel free to use that too!
Philly Cheese Steak Pizza
To get started, I caramelized onions, green peppers and mushrooms. For a quick catch up on how to do that, go here.
Hunk of Meat Monday: Philly Cheese Steak Pizza
- 1 pizza crust dough
- 8 slices of provolone cheese
- 1 onion sliced
- 2 peppers sliced
- 8 ounces of mushrooms sliced
- 2 cups of Italian Beef or other shredded beef juices drained
- 2 cups of shredded pepper jack cheese
- 6 tablespoons of butter
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Melt butter in skillet, add onions and peppers. Cook until they begin to brown and soften.
- Add mushrooms and cook additional five minutes.
- Drizzle olive oil on backing stone or cookie sheet. Sprinkle oil with garlic powder.
- Spread oil and garlic powder around pan with a paper towel. Press pizza dough down over top of the garlic olive oil.
- Place sliced provolone over the entire pizza dough. Layer the beef, onions, peppers and mushrooms followed by the pepper jack cheese.
- Bake on 450 degrees for 12-15 minutes.