As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
When you let your 6 year old peruse through a cookbook to pick out what she wants for supper, don’t be shocked when she picks the Crispy Pecan Chicken Casserole that has crushed potato chips on top!!
And let’s just say I panicked. Yep, frozen chicken and it was 5:30. OOPS. Luckily, I have the Pampered Chef Deep Covered Baker. Therefore, I can have frozen to cooked chicken in 10 minutes!
Yep, a few frozen chicken thighs, a beer and Montreal Chicken seasoning. I cooked for 5 minutes and pried apart. Then cooked for another five minutes and chopped up with the Pampered Chef Salad Choppers. Yes, you read that right. Just trust me.
Once the chicken is cooked and cubed or shredded, start getting your casserole put together. Get your celery, pecans and onions (or shallots in my case) chopped up, cream of chicken soup, mayo, sour cream and lemon juice stirred into the chicken. I also added some Roasted Garlic and Herb seasoning. Mainly because I am plain obsessed.
Crispy Pecan Chicken Casserole
- 2 c. cooked chicken chopped
- 1 ⁄2 c. chopped pecans
- 2 T. onion finely chopped
- 3 ⁄4 c. celery sliced
- 1 c. mayonnaise
- 1 ⁄2 c. sour cream
- 10-3 ⁄4-oz. can cream of chicken soup
- 2 t. lemon juice
- 1 tsp roasted garlic and herb seasoning
- 1 c. potato chips crushed
- 1 c. shredded Cheddar cheese
- Mix together all ingredients except chips and cheese.
- Place in a lightly greased 3-quart casserole dish.
- Combine chips and cheese; sprinkle on top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes, until golden and bubbly.
Affiliate links were used.