As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Have you ever become obsessed with something? So obsessed it makes the people you life with crazy. This bowties and sausage recipe brings to light two obsessions in the Beyer household: a pot and smoked sausage. This bowtie pasta and sausage recipe was a guaranteed hit for us.
The pot is my obsession. It is the Le Creuset Enameled Cast-Iron 3-1/2-Quart Round French Oven in cherry. Big enough for a one pot wonder for a family of 4 but small enough that I can actually lift it up with a meal in it. Obsessed. You may remember if you follow me on Instagram when I lost my mind at the Le Creuset outlet.
And the smoked sausage…that would be my daughter. She is a healthy eater who finds higher end meats more desirable. I can’t say I blame her. Except for smoked sausage. She could eat her weight in smoked sausage. So, when I saw this bowtie pasta and sausage recipe in the Good-For-You Everyday Meals Cookbook from Gooseberry Patch, I knew that at least one person in my family would be simply in love. And boy was I right. Big hit at the dinner table and once again it was a quick prep.
Simple ingredients with the smoked sausage, onions and peppers. Slice them all up and get them going in the skillet. Notice I have cheese filled sausage. Use what you like. All beef, jalapeño, skinless, not skinless, all will work just fine. Slice the sausage, pepper and onion up and get sautéing.
Love this recipe and want some more like it? Go check out the giveaway for the Gooseberry Patch Cookbook!
Bowties and Sausage
- 8 ounces of bowtie pasta
- 1 Tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 pound of Italian pork sausage or smoked sausage cut in 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 green pepper sliced
- 1 onion sliced
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet or pan over medium heat and add sausage, onion and pepper. Cook until sausage is fully cooked and vegetables are tender.
- Drain any grease or fat and return to pan.
- Cook pasta according to package directions while sausage and vegetables cook. Drain.
- Add beef broth to sausage and vegetables and bring to a boil.
- Stir in cooked pasta.
- Bacon Parmesan Stuffed Mushrooms – Grilled Stuffed Mushrooms - June 28, 2020
- Easy Summer Dinner Ideas - June 22, 2020
- The Ultimate Baked Tacos – Creamy Ground Beef Baked Tacos - June 13, 2020