I have a kid that is obsessed with coleslaw. The creamier the better for him too. When I ran across a picture of Crock Pot BBQ beef sandwiches with slaw piled on top of the beef, I thought this would be exciting for my little man.
Crock Pot BBQ Beef sandwiches are a great way to use a beef roast with a tomato based BBQ beef sandwich slow cooked all day for tender and flavor.
Crock Pot BBQ Beef Sandwiches
I, of course, started with a hunk of meat. For this recipe, I used a sirloin roast, but whatever you have will work. It was around 3 pounds. Cut slits in the beef and put 4 smashed and broken apart garlic cloves in the roast.
Stir up the combination and prepare to add the meat. I then covered the roast with seasoning salt. Did a heavy sprinkling on all sides.
I then spooned the sauce up on the top side of the roast.
I then covered it and put it on high for 4-5 hours, but low for 8-10 hours will also work.
Pull the meat out of the crock pot and shred up. I, of course, use my favorite kitchen accessory when it comes to meat shredding, Pampered Chef salad chopper or best meat shredder in the world.
I then hit the meat with a bit more seasoning salt.
I drop it back into the crock pot which is still full of sauce. At the last minute, I added a few more tablespoons of brown sugar.
Stir together and keep it warm till you are ready to eat.
Now, you need to get your sandwich extras ready. You can either buy coleslaw or make your own. I made the Hill Country Cook's Perfect Coleslaw.
And build your sandwiches...
And be ready for everyone to want two sandwiches!!
Crock Pot Beef Roast Recipes
Crock Pot Cajun Bacon Beef Roast
Slow Cooker Dr. Pepper Shredded Beef
Crock Pot BBQ Beef Sandwiches
- 1, 2-3 lb beef roast
- 4 cloves garlic smashed
- 1 onion diced
- 1 cup ketchup
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar divided
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 8 dashes of Chipotle Tabasco
- 3 shakes of liquid smoke
- Seasoning salt
- Cut slits into the roast just to place smashed garlic in. Cover all sides with seasoning salt.
- Place onions, ketchup, half of brown sugar, vinegar, Tabasco, and liquid smoke into crock pot and stir together.
- Lay roast over the sauce and spoon sauce from sides over top of the roast.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours. After roast is cooked, tear apart meat to shred and then stir into sauce. Add additional seasoning salt and remaining brown sugar. Stir together and remain on low till ready to eat.
- Serve on buns. Creamy slaw is a great topping to the sandwich.
Affiliate links were used in this post. My constant use of Pampered Chef is totally my choice. I am sure the company is aware since I have bought so much:)
- Old Fashioned Strawberry Tapioca Salad - Pink Fluff - March 5, 2023
- Arroz Con Carne Molida Recipe - Mexican Rice with Ground Beef Skillet - February 27, 2023
- Baked Tortellini with Meat Sauce - February 19, 2023
yummy yumm! looks great. you never disappoint, offering such great recipes!
Good Morning Leah,
That Bar B Que looks so good, I can almost smell it. Thanks for hosting and having a great week!
I love my crock pot and sandwiches like this. Thanks for sharing. I would love for you to share at the Bacon Time Fri-Monday Anything Goes linky too.
Coming to your house for BBQ Beef, Leah! Yummy 🙂
Linked up for the first time and grabbing your button too.
I love your idea of slicing the roast and stuffing garlic into it - I am going to try that next time!
That looks delicious! I love BBQ beef sandwiches. My mom often makes these.
Jalapeno ketchup? That sounds delicious!
We're actually having pulled beef & coleslaw sammiches this week 🙂 It's one of my favorites!
Smcka-dab what I was looking for-ty!
It's really great that people are sharing this information.
I read few posts on this site and I conceive that your web site is very interesting and has got sets of excellent information.