Bacon and mushroom quiche is an easy quiche recipe filled with crispy fried bacon pieces, hearty mushrooms, and lots of cheese. This quiche is easy to make for a Saturday morning brunch.
Weekends revolve around food for me. I wake up wanting something besides a granola bar or fruit loops for breakfast. This morning, I was craving quiche. Honestly, I was craving pie crust but couldn't justify just baking a pie crust for breakfast. So, I made bacon and mushroom quiche instead!
How to Make Bacon and Mushroom Quiche
Start by cutting up six slices of bacon. I just cut them with scissors right over the pan. Give 'em a swirl and let them fry up over a low flame.
Then get cracking. Crack four eggs into a bowl. Add a few shakes of Tabasco and a ½ teaspoon of creole seasoning or seasoning salt of your choice. Your ability to take spice should dictate how much you add. Add one cup of milk.
Head back to the bacon. Once it is browned to your liking, remove from the pan with a spoon. Put the bacon pieces on a paper towel to soak up the grease. Pour the grease into a small glass bowl. You are going to need that bacon grease in a minute. I chopped up two garlic cloves and a half of a red onion plus had some presliced baby bella mushrooms.
Pour two tablespoons of the bacon grease into the skillet and add onions and garlic. Let sauté for about a minute. Toss in mushrooms. If you don't have bellas, add button or whatever you have. About eight ounces worth. Mix the mushrooms and onions together and sauté on low for 3-4 minutes.
Now, the eggs and milk should be ready to add the goodies. I threw a fist full of cheese into the eggs. Probably about one cup. Stir in the bacon. Then stir in the mushrooms and onions.
What are you making for breakfast this weekend? Got anything for me to drool over?￼
Easy Quiche Recipes
Bacon and Mushroom Quiche
- 6 slices bacon
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- ½ red onion diced
- 8 ounces mushrooms sliced
- 7--10 shakes of Tabasco
- 1 teaspoon cajun season salt
- 1 cup shredded colby-jack cheese
- 1 pie crust
- Cut bacon into ½ inch pieces and pan fry on low. Once crisp, remove bacon from the pan on to a paper towel-lined plate while reserving bacon grease for later.
- Add one tablespoon of bacon grease to frying pan. Add onion and garlic to the pan. Saute for 2 minutes and then add mushrooms to pan. Saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Scramble eggs and mix milk, Tabasco and salt, milk, and cheese together.
- Mix sauteed veggies into eggs.
- Roll out the pie crust into a pie pan. Poke bottom a few times with a fork. Pour egg mixture into the pie shell.
- Bake on 350° for an hour or until eggs are set.