As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Asian Chopped Salad with Berries
Choose a nut. I chose walnut.
Refrigerate until ready to eat. Toss with the dressing right before serving. Serve with Parmesan cheese or goat cheese. Both are delish. I serve on the side so picky people like my husband can avoid the goat cheese.
This Asian Chopped Salad with berries recipe is full of sweet and spice with just enough tanginess thanks to the combinations of strawberries, spicy walnuts, and a mustard vinaigrette.
- 2 heads Romaine hearts, chopped
- 4 Green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup Walnuts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne
- 1 cup Strawberries, raspberries, or blackberries
- 1/2 cup Parmesan or goat cheese
- 1/2 cup Olive oil
- 1/4 cup Rice Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 clove Garlic, pressed or finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt and pepper
- 1 Shallot, diced
Place the chopped lettuce and green onions in a large serving bowl.
In a small pan over a low heat, put the walnuts with the sugar and cayenne pepper. Stir and heat for 5-6 minutes till toasted and sugar is all on the nuts.
Mix together the dressing ingredients in a closable jar. Chill until ready to serve.
Slice the strawberries or place whole berries into the salad. Top with the toasted nuts. Refrigerate salad until ready to serve.
Before serving toss with the dressing and top with the cheese.
- Apricot Bourbon-Glazed Ham on the Grill or Oven-Baked - April 5, 2020
- Sheet Pan Pork Chops, Sweet Potatoes and Red Potatoes - April 4, 2020
- Air Fryer Pizza Bites on Naan Bread - March 25, 2020