Crock pot pork loin roast and potatoes is an easy dump and go crock pot pot ranch pork loin recipe that will look and taste fancy when you serve it for dinner. This pork loin roast was full of flavor and was moist thanks to the slow cooking in butter for several hours. This is one of my new favorite crock pot pork recipes now.
This recipe was inspired by my crock pot ranch pork chops recipe. This recipe allows the entire meal to be in once crock pot leaving nothing for me to do unless I want a hot vegetable side dish. A bag of steamed vegetables or quickly sauteed brussels sprouts goes well with this pork loin.
Ranch Pork Loin and Potatoes Ingredients
The simple part of this dump and go pork loin recipe is just a few ingredients needed ot make this juicy pork roast. I keep ranch seasoning in a large container on hand as well as bags of potatoes, onions, and garlics in my pantry which makes this recipe super easy for me to make.
Here are the ingredients you will need:
- Pork Loin Roast - With a fat cap on one side. Don't buy one with the fat all trimmed off.
- Potatoes - Red skinned potatoes are what I would recommend for this recipe.
- Onions - Sweet onions or Vidalia onions are the best choice of onions for this ranch pork loin recipe. White or yellow onions can also be substituted in the recipe.
- Garlic - Fresh minced garlic cloves make this pork loin roast and potatoes even more full of flavor. The jarred minced garlic can also be used as a substitute to fresh garlic.
- Butter - A stick of real butter is best here. You can substitute a non-dairy form of fat. I have not tried this so don't have a recommendation.
- Ranch Seasoning - Either ranch dressing mix envelopes or a large bottle of ranch seasoning is best for this recipe.
Now, if you want this to be a creamier gravy, you could also add a can of cream of mushroom soup to the ingredients list.
How to Make Crock Pot Pork Loin Roast and Potatoes
To make this pork loin and potatoes before you leave the house, the hardest part will be quartering the red potatoes. If you want to save yourself time, by small bite-sized potatoes that you can just put in the crock pot whole or quick cut in half. Once the potatoes are quartered into bite-size pieces, mince some garlic, and slice some onions.
Then melt four tablespoons of butter and mix one tablespoon of ranch seasoning into the melted butter. This ranch butter will coat the potatoes, onions, and garlic which will serve as the bed for the pork loin roast.
Pour the ranch butter over the potatoes and mix to coat completely. Next, dump the potatoes, onions, and garlic in the 6-quart crock pot.
To prepare the pork loin roast, coat all sides of the roast in two tablespoons of ranch seasoning on the pork loin. Place the pork loin fat side down in the crock pot and add more minced garlic on the top. Finally, plce four tablespoons of butter across the pork loin.
Cook on low for 6-8 hours or until the pork reaches 145° in the middle of the loin. Move the crock pot to warm until you are ready to eat.
To serve the pork loin, slice, and serve. These slices are also perfect as a pork loin sandwich if you need to eat on the go or want to change up the dinner routine.
Tips for Making a Ranch Pork Loin and Potatoes Recipe
- Do not cut the potatoes into small chunks. This will cause them to cook faster and be mushier. You can even use small red potatoes and not cut them at all.
- Pork Chops can also be used in this recipe in place of the pork loin roast.
- For a creamier version of this recipe, pour a can of cream of chicken soup over the top of the butter on the pork roast before cooking.
- Don't like ranch? Substitute Italian dressing mix for the ranch dressing mix.
Pork Loin Recipes
Crock Pot Garlic Balsamic Glazed Pork Loin
Beer Braised Crock Pot Pork Carnitas
Garlic and Herb Crusted Grilled Pork Loin
Cordon Bleu Pork Loin - Keto Pork Loin Recipe
Crock Pot Ranch Pork Loin Roast and Potatoes
- 3 pound pork loin
- 3 pounds red potatoes
- 1 onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons ranch seasoning
- Begin by quartering the potatoes, slicing the onions, and mincing two garlic cloves and dumping in a bowl.
- Melt four tablespoons of butter and mix one tablespoon of the ranch seasoning into the melted butter.
- Pour the ranch butter over the potatoes, onions, and garlic. Dump the combination into the bottom of a crock pot.
- Coat the pork loin in two tablespoons of Ranch seasoning. Place the pork loin roast fat side down in the crock pot and top with remaining two minced garlic cloves and four tablespoons of butter.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours in the crock pot or until the pork is 145° and potatoes are fork tender.
Shared on Weekend Potluck and Meal Plan Mo
- Sheet Pan Pork Tenderloin andPotatoes - May 30, 2023
- Sea Breeze Cocktail - Vodka Cranberry Grapefruit Drink - May 6, 2023
- Italian Coleslaw - April 30, 2023
I'm going to make this! Is it ok if I brown the pork loin before putting it in the crock pot? For me, the browning gives it a more appealing look. Also, if using pre-crushed garlic in the jars, what would you suggest for the measurement? Thanks so much!
I think browning before you put in the crock pot is a great idea. Also, I would do two teaspoons of jarred garlic. Enjoy!
Just wondering how this turned out?
Can this possibly be cooked on “high”? If so, how long? (4 hrs.?)
Yes, 4 hours should be fine. Just make sure the pork is 150 degrees before serving.
there will be plenty of liquid.
I was going to do this for dinner tonight but completely forgot to set it up this morning! Is there a conversion for the IP?
Pork very tender and juicy. So tasty! The potatoes were a bit mushy for our taste- I guess my crockpot cooked faster than the recipe intended.
Made once and was amazing I took the potatoes and mashed them up added milk and a little sour cream made the best mashed potatoes since it’s already got that garlic flavoring I also added in green beans so that came out as another side dish really is a perfect dinner
Could you add carrots to this also. If so how long should carrots cook with it.
I would not adjust the cooking time. Just add the carrots. Hope it turns out well!
How long can this be put in the freezer for?
You can freeze this for 3 months.
Can I make this it an instapot? If so, how long should I pressurize for?
I have never made this in the Instant Pot. I am not sure how long it would be pressurized.
This was absolutely great, very tasty, super easy!! Is definitely a do-againer 😋
Absolutely delicious, my husband said to put this on our A-List. Thank you for sharing!
if I were to cook this in my instapot, how would i do so?
I am not sure on the timing of this in the Instant Pot since I have not made it in the IP before.
The porkloin meal turned out amazingly tender, juicy, and full of flavor. I put the veggies in aluminum foil and layer that on top of the meat, and I won't be doing that again. The veggies were terrible. Good thing the meat saved the day.
I make lots of recipes off of Pintrest. Ill make it once, if if really good ill print it out and save for another time. I’m looking forward to dinner tonight. Yes I did brown before placing the pork into the pot.
I do all the cooking and I love doing it. For me its easy, just follow the plan, like building a house. Ill let you know it if I printed this one😎
Why would you put the fat side down ?
To help get the flavor from the fat into the potatoes on the bottom of the crock pot.
Can I use end roast pork loin as well?
Yes, that will too.