Bacon cheeseburger stuffed meatballs on the grill are the perfect grilled meatball recipe made with bacon bits, fried onions, ground beef, and a cube of Colby jack cheese. These meatballs are easily oven baked or even made in the crock pot, but the smokiness of the grill makes these meatballs the cheeseburger's very close food cousin.
These meatballs can easily be made as patties if you are wanting to use this recipe for a stuffed cheeseburger recipe. Just a few more pieces of cubed cheese and you will have a great bacon cheeseburger.
The ingredients for these beef meatballs are really simple yet a little out of the ordinary. The binder was a bold move in creativity that worked out perfectly. Here are the ingredients you need to make these outrageously good bacon cheeseburger stuffed meatballs.
- Ground Beef - 90/10 ground beef works best
- Crispy Fried Onions
- Bacon Pieces or Bacon Bits
- Burger Seasoning
- Colby-Jack Cheese Cubes
These ingredients are all purchased at Sam's Club. Since I am obsessed with the large black bag of bacon pieces and need the similar-sized bag of French's fried onion, buying in bulk is a must. I get most of my grilling spices from Sam's Club as well. The gourmet burger seasoning is a favorite of mine.
How to Make Grilled Meatballs
To make grilled meatballs, begin by mixing the ground beef, fried onions, bacon, egg, and seasoning together.
Then, mix the ingredients together with your hands. Get them in there and mush this all together until completely incorporated. Finally, begin making the meatballs by using a third cup of meat to wrap around a cube of the cheese.
Now, it is time to roll the meatballs together. To grill meatballs, you can place them directly on the grill. However, if you can get a meatball grill pan, it helps keep them from falling apart or rolling to one side. I got my grill pan from pampered chef.
Flip the meatballs after they have cooked for about 7 minutes. The cooking on the flipped side should not take as long. You may want to make sure all the meatballs are over a consistent heat. You may start to see cheese ooze from a stuffed meatball. This is a good indication that the meatballs are done.
Grilled Bacon Cheeseburger Stuffed Meatballs
- Meatball Grill Rack
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup fried onions
- ½ cup bacon pieces
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons burger seasoning
- 16 cubes colby-jack cheese
- Start by getting your grill hot to a temperature of 350°.
- Begin making the meatballs by combining the ground beef, bacon pieces, fried onions, egg, and burger seasoning. Mix together with your hands.
- Make individual meatballs by using ⅓ cup of the meat mixture to flatten out and wrap around a cubed of cheese.
- Place the meatballs in the meatball grill pan or on a plate if you are putting directly on the grill.
- Grill for about 7 minutes on the first side and then flip and grill for another 5 minutes. Cheese should just begin to ooze out when done and juice run clear.
- Let the meatballs rest for a couple minutes to be sure not burn your mouth on the cheese.