This cheeseburger macaroni recipe is one of the staple weeknight meals I made on busy nights. Cheeseburger macaroni and cheese is made with ground beef, macaroni, Velveeta, and sauce made with ketchup and mustard. It is so simple to make and literally tastes like a cheeseburger casserole even though it is made right on the stove top.
For any of you hamburger helper lovers, this is a great knock-off without the box. Start by browning up a pound of hamburger. Then grab your three main ingredients.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2-¼ cups water
- ½ cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 2 cup elbow macaroni uncooked
- 12 ounces Velveeta
- Brown beef in a large skillet.
- Drain any grease and then add water, ketchup, and mustard.
- Bring to a boil and then stir in uncooked macaroni. Reduce heat to medium-low heat, cover and cook 8-10 minutes till macaroni is tender.
- Add cheese in cubes. Stir until melted.
What do you have cooking this week? Be sure to check out these inspirational dishes.
The cookbook was supplied by Gooseberry Patch. Affiliate links were used.