Have you ever needed that go to dessert that you wanted to be better than your basic bar or cookies without being overkill? Do I have the bars for you. It happened by chance. A product of my drooling over multiple recipes, combined for a divine masterpiece.
Start with a few staples. Notice the Kerrygold made the cut. I held nothing back. I used the good stuff. Start by softening one stick of butter.
Combine one package of store bought chocolate chip cookie mix. I like Betty Crocker’s mixes personally, but I know all we have our favorites.
Add one egg and stir together completely. Dump the whole mixture into a 13″ x 9″ pan.
Spread out over the entire bottom of the pan.
Bake for 20 minutes on 350 degrees or until light brown.
Cool completely. As it cools, begin on layer two.
Combine 2 tablespoons of vanilla instant pudding with 1/4 cup of melted butter. Add 2 cups of powdered sugar and 3 tablespoons of milk or half and half. I am pretty much obsessed with full fat dairy products.
Pour over cookie bars and spread evenly. Pop in the fridge to chill.
While your bars are chilling, it is time for the ganache. Start by heating 1/2 cup of half and half or heavy cream in a small sauce pan over a low heat.
Grab four ounces of your chocolate of choice. Use a semi-sweet or dark chocolate. You want some chocolate with a bite to it. If you use milk chocolate, your dessert might be too sickening sweet. I know, I know that is hard to believe.
Put the chocolate in the milk right as it begins to scald. Remove from heat and stir constantly to melt chocolate.
It will be nice and shiny when it is all melted together.
Grab the pan from the fridge and pour the chocolate ganache over top of the pudding and spread out over the entire bars.
Refrigerate the bars to harden up the chocolate.
- 1 package of dry chocolate chip cookie mix
- 1 stick of real butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons instant vanilla pudding
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- ¼ cup cream
- 4 ounces semi-sweet or dark chocolate
- Mix cooke mix, softened butter and egg together. Spred in the bottom of a 13 X 9 pan. Bake for 20 minutes on 350 degrees. Cool Completely.
- Mix pudding, melted butter, powder sugar and milk together. Pour over cooled cookie bars. Chill in fridge.
- Scald cream and remove from heat. Add chocolate, stirring till completely melted.
- Pour over chilled pudding layer.
- Refrigerate to chill chocolate ganache.