We love chicken wings. Boneless wings. Traditional drummies and flats. Breaded. Naked. Smoked. Buffalo chicken is a secret obsession. Which is why they loved this loaded buffalo chicken and potatoes casserole recipes. Making this sheet pan buffalo chicken and potatoes recipe is a simple wing sauce and ranch marinade on the chicken with baked potatoes cut up and seasoned with ranch and all roasted in the oven together. Take it up a notch by loading it up with lots of shredded cheese and bacon crumbles. Buffalo chicken wing lovers will love this sheet pan loaded buffalo chicken and potatoes casserole recipe drenched in cheese in bacon.
Loaded Baked Potato and Buffalo Chicken Casserole Ingredients
Obviously, it involves a few of my favorite things... bacon, cheese, buffalo sauce. But here are all the ingredients you need to make this sheet pan meal in a hurry.
- Baked Potatoes - This is a great way to use leftover potatoes. Don't have leftover potatoes? Just microwave some potatoes to get them baked and then dice them up for this recipe. You can also oven roast the diced potatoes to cook them for this casserole.
- Chicken - Chicken thighs are my preference for this recipe. Boneless, skinless chicken thighs are so flavorful and cook fast making this recipe a favorite for dinner in a hurry.
- Ranch Dressing - Your favorite ranch dressing is part of the marinade for the chicken as well as needed for dipping once the chicken and potatoes are done.
- Buffalo Wing Sauce - Most likely your favorite chicken wing sauce is sold in the store. Use your favorite. Hot Franks or Baby Ray's Wings sauce are what I recommend if you don't have a favorite.
- Ranch Seasoning - A packet or a few tablespoons of ranch seasoning is a must for seasoning the potatoes. Can you ever have too much ranch?
- Bacon - Loaded without bacon? Doesn't mean loaded.
- Colby-Jack Cheese - Shredded cheese is a must to top off this baked potatoes and buffalo chicken casserole.
- Butter - Butter makes everything better. Always a must for buffalo chicken anything
How to Make Buffalo Chicken and Potatoes
Let's start with the bacon. Cut up several strips of bacon. Fry in a skillet until cooked. Then set aside on some paper towels. Reserve the bacon to the side and leave the bacon grease in the skillet.
It is time to make chicken. The buffalo chicken marinade is simple...wing sauce and ranch dressing. That's all people. Let it sit for 30 minutes and then just put in the skillet of bacon grease. Cook on each side for about five minutes and then remove from the pan, let rest for a few minutes then dice. You can also just dice up the raw chicken and cook with the potatoes on a sheet pan for 30 minutes. I find cooking this way is faster in getting the food on the table.
Now the potatoes... Once again, I have to tell you, I microwave the potatoes to almost fully cook them. Who has the time to bake potatoes? And if microwaving food causes cancer, I would have died from cancer a long time ago. I grew up in the 80's. We microwaved everything. Because we could. And it was cool. I microwave make the potatoes till their almost done. Dice them and toss them in ranch seasoning and butter and put in the oven on 350 to crisp up a bit.
At this point, I would also have the chicken cooking in the skillet. Finally, simply combine chicken and potatoes on the sheet pan.
Cover the chicken and potatoes in shredded colby jack cheese and that crumbled bacon from earlier. Then bake for 10-15 minutes at 350 degrees or until the cheese is melted and just beginning to crisp.
Remove the loaded buffalo chicken and potatoes casserole from the oven and let cool for a few minutes. It will be extremely hot. Ooey. Gooey.
We, of course, drench this all in ranch. Any remotely healthy thing about this got killed with the ranch dressing. But, it was so good.
Sheet Pan Recipes
Cook dinner in a hurry with putting everything on one sheet pan and oven roasting to perfection.
Loaded Buffalo Chicken and Potatoes
- 4 Skinless boneless chicken thighs or breasts
- 4 potatoes red or brown skinned
- 4 slices of bacon
- ¼ cup buffalo sauce
- ¼ cup of ranch dressing
- 2 tablespoons of ranch seasoning
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1-2 cups shredded colby jack cheese
- Mix the buffalo sauce and ranch dressing together and pour over chicken. Let marinade for at least 30 minutes.
- Fry four pieces of bacon, crumble and reserve for later. Keep bacon grease in skillet.
- Bake potatoes till they are almost baked and then cube and spread out on a jelly roll pan. Toss butter and ranch seasoning on potatoes and finish baking potatoes on 350 degrees.
- Cook chicken in the skillet with reserved bacon grease for 5-6 minutes on each side or chicken is done.
- Cube cooked chicken and combine with baked potatoes. Cover in shredded cheese and then the bacon.
- Bake for another 10-15 minutes on 350 degrees till cheese is completely melted.
- Serve with ranch dressing.
- Sheet Pan Pork Tenderloin andPotatoes - May 30, 2023
- Sea Breeze Cocktail - Vodka Cranberry Grapefruit Drink - May 6, 2023
- Italian Coleslaw - April 30, 2023
Leave a Reply