A few weeks ago I made some lemon basil chicken. I made quite a bit since I was making it for a group of people to come over. Since I had the chicken grilled up I made up the PW's grilled chicken with lemon basil pasta for the kids. Since the hubby was out of town no one would complain about having chicken. But, then I had a whole bunch of pasta leftover and still piles of chicken. I had to plot how to convince eating chicken for supper would be ok. After a quick once-over of the meat and cheese drawer I figured out a little Swiss cheese and some ham might be the trick. So, I bring you chicken cordon bleu casserole with a lemony twist.
I must admit, after seeing the chicken cordon bleu lasagna from My Kitchen Apron, I think I will try her recipe as well. It looks awesome!
Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole Ingredients
- Cooked Chicken: You can use leftover lemon basil chicken or even rotisserie chicken in this recipe. Just cooked diced chicken for the base of the recipe.
- Cubed ham: This can be bought already cubed or buy a large whole piece and cube it.
- Swiss Cheese: Shredded Swiss cheese. If you can't find already shredded, just buy a block and shredded it at home.
- Pasta: Penne, ziti, or rigatoni is what I recommend but don't be afraid to use elbow macaroni or bowtie pasta either.
- Cream of chicken soup: One can is all you need, low sodium or regular, use what you got.
- Milk: Whole, skim, or something in between. In a pinch, evaporated milk will work too.
- Lemon Pepper Seasoning: I have used [amazon_textlink asin='B00GDOSBLM' text='McCormick's Lemon Pepper' template='ProductLink' store='farmwifedrink-20' marketplace='US' link_id='e108768e-fa91-4376-b9e4-2ffa4a5137cd'] and [amazon_textlink asin='B01LY65PQO' text='Lawry's Lemon Pepper' template='ProductLink' store='farmwifedrink-20' marketplace='US' link_id='886dcb9f-03b6-4d2c-8edd-12048d8dfc07']. Both are great.
- Breadcrumbs: I always have a [amazon_textlink asin='B00099XO50' text='can of breadcrumbs' template='ProductLink' store='farmwifedrink-20' marketplace='US' link_id='7f1c2feb-ae10-493e-95a3-324ff43177b6'] on hand
- Butter: The real seal deal. Cream and salt stick of butter.
How to make Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
Prepare the pasta according to the package directions. Also, feel free to use leftover pasta. Just know you will need at least 12 ounces if not a whole pound of pasta. Cook the pasta to al dente. Add the cheese and 1 cup of milk to the pasta and combine.
For extra creaminess, I added a can of cream of chicken soup and then added the cut-up chicken and a cup of cubed ham.
Pour into a 13 x 9 pan.
Since mine had a lemon base to the chicken and pasta, I sprinkled the top of the pasta with lemon pepper.
I melted 2 tablespoons of butter and mixed in 1 cup of breadcrumbs. I poured over top of the casserole.
Bake at 350 degrees for about 20-25 minutes until bubbly.
The casserole was fantastic. The kids loved it and the hubby even ate leftovers:) Double win!
Cordon Bleu Recipes
Low-Carb Chicken Cordon Bleu Soup
Low-Carb Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 1 cup diced ham
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 1 10.5 ounce can cream of chicken soup
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 pound pasta, penne or rigatoni, cooked
- 1 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- Combine the pasta with the cheese, milk, and cream of chicken soup.
- Add the chicken and ham to the pasta. Season with lemon pepper and salt.
- Mix to combine and then spread into a 13 X 9 pan.
- Combine the butter and breadcrumbs and then spread over the pasta.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until casserole is bubbly.
What do you have cooking this week? Link on up. No rules except show me the meat. Enjoy getting new ideas for you too!
Melt in your mouth Monday
- Old Fashioned Strawberry Tapioca Salad - Pink Fluff - March 5, 2023
- Arroz Con Carne Molida Recipe - Mexican Rice with Ground Beef Skillet - February 27, 2023
- Baked Tortellini with Meat Sauce - February 19, 2023
Wow! This looks fantastic!! I will be adding this to next weeks meal plan (this one is already done)
Yeah, I have a meat recipe to share, and it's so awesome. Balsamic Pork- cook it up in the crockpot. Yum. Enjoy and thanks for hosting! BTW, love the hose story 🙂
This morning I bring a little tutorial on cutting up bone-in chicken breasts that may be helpful to those who have never done it. Your casserole looks wonderful.
Gee willikers, that's such a great post!
Thanks for the invite! I've linked up my meatball sub and baby back ribs recipe 🙂
Thanks for the invitation! I linked up the Mexican Chicken.
Thank you for the invitation. I linked Brined Roasted Chicken. Your casserole looks great and will be on our table very soon. <3 and Hugs!
Yum!! Looks really good!
Thanks for the invitation to link up my Parmesan Crusted Chicken with Sage-Sherry Butter Sauce. Your Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole is going on my menu ASAP!
I totally need to make this! I'm putting it in my recipe's to do box on my blog! Thanks.
Here's my chocolate caramel bar recipe: http://ordinaryinspirations.blogspot.com/2011/08/chocolate-caramel-gooey-bars.html
Traci @ Ordinary Inspirations
Hope you are having a great week end and thanks so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
Come back soon!
Chez achetant votre coffret cadeau smartbox sur internet, vousavez
la possibilité de bénéficier d’bizarre code promotionnel instantané,gaillard et certifié
par notre équipe à l’égard de passionnés apodictiques bons plans promo.Certain matinée, rare bras en même temps que
à nous équipe est chargé en tenant vérifier lavalidité
du code promo smartbox pour en assurer la validité auprès denos visiteurs
après internautes. En revanche quels coffrets cadeaux smartbox mon code promo est-ilvalide ?
Supposé que toi-même avez aimé profiter en même temps que à
nous codes promo smartbox pourNoël, vous-même aimerez certainement le code promo smartbox en tenant juin 2014.
pierreetvacances Code promo galette après vacances en tenant 50
euros Codes Promo et Codes Réduc, Bons en tenant Réduction Gratuit après Bons modèle du Net Supérieur de verso Également bénéficier d'un code promo Willemse ?
alors indiscutables codes réduction
I can't hear anhintyg over the sound of how awesome this article is.
bons de reduction com
certainly like your web-site but you need to test the spelling on quite a few of your posts.
A number of them are rife with spelling issues and I
to find it very bothersome to tell the reality then again I'll surely come back
I think that what you said was very logical. However, think on this, what if you were to create a
killer post title? I mean, I don't want to tell you how to
run your blog, however suppose you added something to maybe get people's attention? I mean Hunk of Meat Monday:
Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole - Beyer Beware is kinda vanilla.
You might peek at Yahoo's front page and watch how they create
news headlines to grab people interested. You might add a video or a related picture or two to
grab people interested about everything've got to say. In my opinion, it could make
your posts a little livelier.
die günstigsten autos
Also I forgot to mention this, but I love the multi-media: the artwork and especially the links to photos and songs. Really helps set the scene and I found some great new music!
Well, I always thought that B.A. stood for bionic armadillo… learn sumpin’ new every day.It sounds like great times over there. So glad! I’m looking forward to the video
kreditvertrag muster vorlage ch
That's an ingenious way of thinking about it.
Cupones de rebajas
Everything is very open with a precise description of the challenges.
It was really informative. Your site is very helpful. Thank you for sharing!
Your style is really unique compared to other people I've read stuff from.
Thanks for posting when you have the opportunity, Guess I will just book mark this
annuaire inversé pages blanches gratuites
This blog was... how do you say it? Relevant!! Finally I've found something that helped me.
numero retrouver le nom
Excellent goods from you, man. I've be mindful your stuff previous to and you're
just extremely magnificent. I actually like what you have got here, really like what you're stating and the way wherein you assert it.
You're making it enjoyable and you continue to care for to keep it sensible.
I cant wait to read far more from you. That is really a terrific site.
a qui e
Thanks for any other informative website. Where else may I get that kind of info written in such a perfect approach?
I have a challenge that I am just now working on,
and I have been at the look out for such information.
It's enormous that you are getting thoughts from this article as well as from our discussion made at this time.
Hello to every body, it's my first visit of this website; this
weblog contains amazing and in fact good data in support of visitors.
I know this website provides quality based articles and additional information, is
there any other web site which provides these information in quality?
Hello, yes this piece of writing is in fact pleasant and I have learned lot of things from it concerning blogging.