This new recipe, Corn Dog Muffins, I found in the Gooseberry Patch Simple Shortcut Recipes is a new kid favorite in our house. Boo had a friend over to play on Saturday and these were a quick and easy lunch for them.
Later on this week I am giving away the fabulous cookbook I got this recipe in. I just want to highlight a few more recipes before I give it away.
Corn Dog Muffins
Just like the title of the cookbook says, there are easy shortcuts to all of the recipes, including this one.
I combined the cornbread mix, brown sugar, butter, eggs, and milk. Then folded in the hot dogs and cheese.
Fill greased muffin tins with the cornbread and hot dog mixture. It makes 18 muffins filled about 3/4 of the way full.
Bake for 15 to 20 minutes on 350 till muffins are golden brown.
The kids dipped the muffins in ketchup but if you are a mustard lover, go for the mustard too. Since both of my kids ate 3 of these muffins, I take it as a compliment to the chef:)
- 8.5-ounce package cornbread mix
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup melted butter, slightly cooled
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1½ Cup shredded cheddar or Colby cheese
- 4 hot dogs, cut into bite size pieces
- mustard and ketchup for garnish
- Combine cornbread mix, brown sugar, butter, eggs, and milk in a bowl.
- Fold in cheese and hot dog pieces.
- Fill greased muffin pan ¾ full of mixture.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes till muffins are gold brown.
- Serve with mustard and ketchup for dipping.
Gooseberry Patch gave Simple Shortcut Recipes to me to review and giveaway. Opinions of recipes are all mine. Associate links were also used.