As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
It doesn’t matter the time of year, the event, the age, these King’s Hawaiian Roll Ham Sandwiches are always a hit. If you are looking for a make-ahead dish to take to a potluck, these sandwiches also freeze well. Don’t have access to an oven where you want to have these? No fear, check out the crock pot Hawaiian roll ham sandwich version too.
Jill over at Boys, Bovines, and Blessings has a fantastic Pepsi Pork Chop recipe. Ethne over at WOM:MOM made a “can eat in one sitting” ham dip that is also a must make. And finally, anyone who loves jalapeño poppers have to try Desi’s, from Steak N Potatoes Kinda Girl, poppers.
Now, many of you have seen my freezer ham sammies, and do I have the slider version for you this week at Hunk of Meat Monday.
How to Make Ham Sandwiches with Onion Mustard Butter
Start by chopping or grating an onion. I use a food chopper. I get a pretty fine mince.
Hawaiian Roll Ham Sandwiches
- 12 Hawaiian sweet rolls
- 1 onion minced or grated with food chopper
- 1 stick butter
- 3 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1/2 pound deli ham
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- Melt butter in a small skillet. Once melted add onions.
- When onions begin to soften add mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and poppy seeds into onions and butter. Simmer for two to three minutes.
- Remove rolls from package, keeping them all connected and cut the rolls in half lengthwise. Place the bottoms in a 13 x 9 pan lined with aluminum foil.
- Spread 1/2 of the butter and onion mixture across rolls bottoms follow by the ham and then the cheese.
- Top with the rolls tops and spread the remaining butter and onion mixture over the top of the rolls. Cover with aluminum.
- Bake covered with foil for 20 minutes on 350 or till all the cheese is melted.
- *You can freeze and refrigerate these sandwiches. If frozen cook in a 50 degree cooler over for 15-20 minutes longer. Recommended to thaw in fridge before baking though. Sandwiches that come out of the fridge to oven may take 30 minutes on 350.
Check out other great recipes on Meal Plan Monday.