Raise your hand if you spend too much money on breakfast at Starbucks? I am a sucker for the Starbucks ham & cheese croissant. It is so simple yet so good. I decided I could make these ham and cheese croissants at home with some Pillsbury crescent rolls. The ham and cheese croissants are buttery and gooey plus garlicky with the addition of garlic butter to the top of the croissants.
I am all for super simple recipes, especially for breakfast. Making crescent roll sausage breakfast casserole is so easy to make it is a regular breakfast at my house. But when we are needing something on the go and don't want to spend the money at the coffee shop, it is the ham croissants we throw together.
What is in Ham and Cheese Croissant like Starbucks has?
This is not a traditional croissant sandwich but rather croissant dough rolled around ham and cheese and then baked. It is warm and gooey. Here are the ingredients you need to make this decadent breakfast to dinner baked sandwich.
- Crescent Rolls
- Deli Ham
- Cheese slices
- Garlic Salt
How to Make Ham and Cheese Crescent Rolls
This recipe is so simple. It is really about assembling the ingredients that are key. The tube of Pillsbury crescent rolls can be removed from the can and laid out on a cookie sheet in four rectangles keeping pairs of triangles together. Then lay slices of cheese on the rectangle followed by the ham slices.
Roll the rectangles up, length-wise. You want them to be longer than shorter if you are wondering which direction to roll. Finally, brush garlic butter on the croissants.
To make the garlic butter melt butter in a small bowl in the microwave. When completely melted, stir the garlic salt, and herbs into the butter. Then use a silicone brush to brush it on the ham and cheese crescent rolls.
When they are rolled up and buttered, bake them for 12-15 minutes at 350°.
There you have it folks, Starbucks Ham & Cheese Croissants right from your own oven. Now, if you want to doctor these up, there are more than a few ways to do this.
How to Change Up Ham and Cheese Croissant Sandwiches?
- Make mustard, onion, and butter sauce to brush in the crescent rolls and on top of the croissants.
- Brush whole grain or dijon mustard onto the croissant before layering the cheese and ham.
- Switch up the cheese. Don't have to use just the Swiss or Colby Jack cheese. Try Havarti, pepper jack, or even brie cheese.
- Add sweetness in the form of jam. Raspberry or strawberry jam goes well with the ham and swiss. Pepperjack cheese can pair nicely with apricot jam too.
- Add more herbs. Thyme is a light herb but brings more punch of herb flavor with basil or rosemary.
How to reheat ham and cheese crescent rolls?
If you and your family do not devour all of these rollups, keep those leftovers. Drop the leftover, cooled down ham and cheese crescents in a ziploc bag. Then reheat them for the next few days.
Reheat them by microwaving for 20-30 seconds or popping into the air fryer for 2 minutes on 350-ish degrees.
Starbucks Copycat Recipes
If you are also a lover of other yumy starbucks treats, here are some of my favorite copycat Starbucks recipes.
Ham and Cheese Croissant
- 1 tube crescent rolls
- 4 slices ham
- 4 slices cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- The tube of Pillsbury crescent roll dough can be removed from the can and laid out on a cookie sheet in four rectangles keeping pairs of triangles together. Then lay slices of cheese on the rectangle followed by the ham slices.
- Roll the rectangles length wise to be completely rolled up.
- Melt the butter in the microwave in 20 second segments until melted. Stir in garlic salt and Thyme.
- Brush onto the crescent rolls
- Bake for 12-15 minutes at 350° until croissants are golden brown.