I know I am not the only one who is looking for quick short cuts to weeknight meals. Sometimes 30 minutes is too much time to get a meal on the table. That is why I rely on having already browned ground meat in the freezer for those quick meals. I can make it bulk with this crock pot ground beef recipe.
Here is another secret about my ground beef, it isn't all beef. I like to mix ground pork and beef together for my dishes calling for hamburger. So, when I mix a big batch of ground beef in the crock pot I use two pounds of ground beef and two-pound pork.
Since we get all of our beef and pork in large quantities directly from farmers, our ground meat is always frozen. I start by putting the frozen meat in the crock pot and topping with a diced onion, four cloves of minced garlic and three tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce.
I then break up the meat using my Pampered Chef Mix N Chop.
To use later, I just pop the meat in the microwave for a few minutes on medium heat while I get the rest of the ingredients ready. I then just add the ground beef to the dish as I would if I had browned it that day.
Crock Pot Ground Beef
- 4 lb hamburger ground pork, turkey or chicken (Use whatever ground meat your family eats)
- 1 large onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- Place four pounds of frozen meat in crock pot. Layer onions, garlic and Worcestershire sauce on top of meat.
- Cook on high for two to three hours and then begin to break up meat. Cook for an additional two hours. If you using meat that is not frozen, cook on low instead of high.
- Once meat is completely browned, drain meat of fat and liquids. Put 2.5 cups in freezer bags for 1 pound servings to use later.
Check out my new awesome button!! Thanks to Design Chicky for all her work on my blog redesign!
- Arroz Con Pollo - Mexican Chicken and Rice with Queso - March 28, 2021
- Air Fryer Broccoli Recipe- Ninja Foodi Broccoli - March 25, 2021
- Air Fryer Ravioli - How to Make Toasted Ravioli in the Air Fryer - March 13, 2021