Have you just been too over it at the end of the day that you just want something quick, comforting, and on the table? After all, sometimes going out to eat just isn't quick enough. Yeah, me too. Cubed Steaks are my new supper in a pinch meat of choice. These Philly cubed Steak sandwiches are made in 20 minutes from frozen cubed steaks. No lie!
Philly Cubed Steak Sandwiches
A frozen package of cubed steaks in the microwave on defrost for a few minutes gets them pried apart. Then slice the steaks in about ½ inch strips against the grain. What does this mean? Simply cut the opposite way the lines are already cut into the steaks. Then season them with your favorite steak seasoning. My favorite is Montreal Steak Seasoning.
While you are waiting on the meat to defrost, get your peppers and onions sliced, add butter to the cast iron skillet and get your onions and peppers caramelizing. Having them cooking before you have the meat ready will speed up the process.
Then just stir the meat into the onions and peppers.
Then I go a little loco with flavors. I douse the meat with Worcestershire sauce. No biggie right. Then I decided to add some beer. Brown ale and beef need to be married together.
I just can't help myself. Now grab some hot dog buns, Hawaiian Sweet Roll buns if you are lucky enough to have them laying around.
Pile the meat and peppers and onions into the bun.
Then add cheese. I choose provolone. I have one kid who always wants orange.
Then just put it below the broiler for a few minutes to melt the cheese.
Viola! Super easy Philly Cubed Steak Sandwiches.
More Cubed Steak Recipes
Teriyaki Grilled Beef Cubed Steak Skewers
Philly Cubed Steak Sandwiches
- 1 lb cubed steaks 4 steaks
- 1 bell pepper sliced
- 1 onion sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons steak seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup brown ale or beef broth
- 4 hot dog buns
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- Place butter, onions, and peppers into a skillet and saute for 5 minutes.
- Slice cube steak against the grain and season with steak seasoning. Add to onions and peppers.
- Stir together and add Worcestershire sauce and beer. Cook for 5 minutes or steak is cooked to your preferred doneness.
- Pile into hot dog buns, top with sliced cheese and broil for several minutes to melt cheese.
- Old Fashioned Strawberry Tapioca Salad - Pink Fluff - March 5, 2023
- Arroz Con Carne Molida Recipe - Mexican Rice with Ground Beef Skillet - February 27, 2023
- Baked Tortellini with Meat Sauce - February 19, 2023
nice recipe, printed it out, hopefully my girlfriend will make these this weekend.
If you enjoy visiting linkies, photo challenges, and blog hops - or if you host one of your own - please consider visiting here:
Be sure to link your recurring hop under the day when it's normally posted.
This sounds delicious I am going to make it today for the football game but I am going to add hot peppers to mine thank you for the recipe