Low-Carb chicken cordon bleu soup combines shredded chicken with cream cheese, herbs and spices and broth to make this rich and creamy keto soup. I love soup weather. I also love how soups can easily be made to fit a low-carb recipe. One of my favorite low-carb casseroles is the low-carb chicken cordon bleu casserole. I simply used the base of this recipe to make a low-carb chicken cordon bleu soup. The low-carb chicken cordon bleu soup is creamy and flavorful. The richness will make it filling and comforting on a chilly winter night.
Like a few of my other low-carb recipes, this one is loved by even the people, not on low-carb diets. They won't even notice the lack of pasta or potatoes. Low-carb chicken cordon bleu soup is hearty with the chicken and ham and easy to make for dinner.
Low-Carb Chicken Cordon Bleu Soup Ingredients
The soup has some simple ingredients just like my low-carb chicken cordon bleu casserole. .
The basics of the recipe are the following:
- chicken - I didn't have leftover chicken, but this recipe would be conducive to using leftover chicken. Instead, I cooked my frozen chicken in the instant pot while I prepared the base of the soup. I threw together some basic seasonings for the chicken. You could use lemon-pepper or basic chicken seasoning. I used a rotisserie chicken seasoning for mine. Once it is cooked, remove from the Instant Pot and chop up or shred it.
- ham - Cubed
- cream cheese
- swiss cheese
- heavy whipping cream
- Chicken broth
- Herbs and spics -
How to Make Keto Chicken Cordon Bleu Soup Recipe
To start the chicken cordon bleu soup, start by melting butter in the bottom of a dutch oven or large pot. Then follow with the cream cheese and heavy cream. Melt both down and add the diced ham. I buy pre-diced ham but again, feel free to use some leftover ham if you have it available. Stir to combine and add chicken broth. I added three to four cups of broth but started with three. You can use your judgment on how much broth you want based on how runny you want the soup to be.
Stir in the chicken. I let simmer on a very low heat for 10 minutes stirring occasionally. I then added the shredded swiss cheese. Continuously stir to melt the shredded cheese down.
Then add salt and pepper and parsley to taste. I like my soup with a half teaspoon of pepper and salt and a teaspoon of parsley. You can hold the soup over a low heat till ready to serve.
Garnish the keto chicken cordon bleu soup with more Swiss cheese. If you don't love swiss cheese feel free to use provolone or Monterey Jack cheese.
Tips for Making the Chicken Cordon Bleu Soup
- This low-carb soup freezes well too if you want to save some for later or portion it out for several different meals.
- If you don't like Swiss cheese or don't have any, substitute with Monterrey Jack cheese.
- To make this low-carb chicken cordon bleu soup recipe in the crock pot, combine the ingredients and place them in the crock pot for four hours on low heat.
Keto Soup Recipes
Low-carb soups are an easy way to eat quick keto meals. The great thing about this keto soup recipes is they also reheat so well.
Low-Carb Chicken Cordon Bleu Soup
- 2 pounds Chicken, cooked and diced
- 1 pound diced ham
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1½ cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Melt butter in a Dutch oven or large pot. Add cream cheese to melted butter and melt.
- Add ham and heavy cream to melted butter and cream cheese. Stir to combine.
- To the ham add chicken and three cups of the chicken broth. SImmer on low for 5-10 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
- Stir in 1 cup of shredded Swiss cheese and continue to stir until the cheese is melted. If the soup isn't as liquidy as you like it, add the additional cup of broth. Finally, add salt and pepper and parsley.
- Serve with additional shredded cheese.