Joe's Italian Steak Sandwiches are an easy steak sandwich recipe perfect for a weeknight meal, done in under 30 minutes with the help of premade beef patties. This recipe for Joe's Italian Steak Sandwiches come from page 117 of the Weeknight Dinners Cookbook.
Italian Steak Sandwiches
It was a quick sandwich to make, especially since we had some pre-made beef patties in the freezer. I seasoned them with gourmet hamburger seasoning and began frying them in a cast iron skillet.
The recipe called for a 4-ounce can of mushrooms. I had none, so I just sliced up some button mushrooms and tossed them in with the hamburgers along with some Worcestershire sauce.
As the beef patties cooked, I grabbed some hoagie buns. Sliced Italian bread would be ideal, but improvising any bread or bun will work. Spread butter on the bread and pop on a grill to brown. Or toss it under the broiler in the oven like I did.
While you are watching your bread toast without burning...Start warming up a jar of spaghetti sauce.
I doctor everything, so of course, I doctored the sauce.
Once the sauce is bubbling, you beef patties should be fully cooked.
And the bread should be perfectly golden brown.
Sandwich building time!! Start by spreading sauce on the bottom piece of bread.
I cut my patties in half to fit on the hoagie style buns better. Not perfect, but it worked.
Then scrape some of the sauteed mushrooms from the pan and add them to the patties.
And now my favorite part...CHEESE. The recipe called for Muenster. I had provolone. Provolone it is!
Now you have Italian steak sandwiches in under 30 minutes.
More easy dinner recipes
Joe's Italian Steak Sandwiches
- 4 ground beef or ground sirloin patties
- 2 teaspoons steak or hamburger seasoning
- 4 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 26 ounces pasta sauce
- 4 slices Provolone cheese
- 4 hoagie buns
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- In a large skillet, place the patties, seasoning them on both sides.
- Cook the patties for 3-4 minutes on each side. When you flip the patties, add the sliced mushrooms with the Worcestershire sauce.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, heat the pasta sauce.
- While the patties and sauce are cooking, butter the hoagie buns and toast them on the broiler in the oven.
- When the patties are done, build the steak sandwiches by cutting each patty in half. On the toasted hoagies, place a scoop of the sauce and spread out on both sides of the bun. Place the two half pieces of the ground steak patties on the sauce. Top with mushrooms and the cheese.
- Old Fashioned Strawberry Tapioca Salad - Pink Fluff - March 5, 2023
- Arroz Con Carne Molida Recipe - Mexican Rice with Ground Beef Skillet - February 27, 2023
- Baked Tortellini with Meat Sauce - February 19, 2023
Kim of Mo'Betta
I love a good sandwich! Thanks for hosting....as my family is not into the whole 'meatless Monday' idea 🙂
Jamie @ Love Bakes Good Cakes
Thanks for the party 🙂
Your Italian Steak Sandwich looks awesome. Hope you have a good week and thanks for hosting!
YUM! I would go with more mushrooms, add some onions, and maybe skip the sauce, but then I am such a rebel! What a great recipe to play with, and a whole different way to look at a hamburger!
The Contessa (Linda)
Sandwiches are one my favorite meals. This combines the best of two - Italian and sandwiches.
Thanks for hosting. I brought you my vegetable beef soup for this cold January day.
Ray Ban Aviators Knock Off
Oh my goodness! an incredible post dude. Thanks a ton Nevertheless We are experiencing problem with ur rss . Don’t know why Cannot enroll in it. Can there be any person discovering identical rss dilemma? Anyone who knows kindly respond. Thnkx