Joe's Italian Steak Sandwiches are an easy steak sandwich recipe perfect for a weeknight meal, done in under 30 minutes with the help of premade beef patties. This recipe for Joe's Italian Steak Sandwiches come from page 117 of the Weeknight Dinners Cookbook.
It was a quick sandwich to make, especially since we had some pre-made beef patties in the freezer. I seasoned them with gourmet hamburger seasoning and began frying them in a cast iron skillet.
As the beef patties cooked, I grabbed some hoagie buns. Sliced Italian bread would be ideal, but improvising any bread or bun will work. Spread butter on the bread and pop on a grill to brown. Or toss it under the broiler in the oven like I did.
More easy dinner recipes
Joe's Italian Steak Sandwiches
- 4 ground beef or ground sirloin patties
- 2 teaspoons steak or hamburger seasoning
- 4 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 26 ounces pasta sauce
- 4 slices Provolone cheese
- 4 hoagie buns
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- In a large skillet, place the patties, seasoning them on both sides.
- Cook the patties for 3-4 minutes on each side. When you flip the patties, add the sliced mushrooms with the Worcestershire sauce.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, heat the pasta sauce.
- While the patties and sauce are cooking, butter the hoagie buns and toast them on the broiler in the oven.
- When the patties are done, build the steak sandwiches by cutting each patty in half. On the toasted hoagies, place a scoop of the sauce and spread out on both sides of the bun. Place the two half pieces of the ground steak patties on the sauce. Top with mushrooms and the cheese.