Everyone in our house loves chili. Everyone also has their way of making chili. When I moved to Indiana I quickly realized pasta was an important part of chili. Spaghetti and macaroni seemed to be everyone's chili in Indiana. it seemed much more like soup than chili. A few years ago a friend of mine said she throws a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup in her chili. I started trying this in my chili. It has gone undetected to by my family but yet gives the chili a richness and flavor that keeps them all coming back for more.
Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Chili combines bacon and ground beef and pork with smoked chili seasonings, beans, and the secret Reese's Peanut Butter Cup.
Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Chili
The ingredients of the Reese's Peanut Butter Cup chili are the base of the chili I make on a regular basis. Don't feel like being daring and using peanut butter in your chili, this chili is still good with leaving it out. This is a smokey chili with the bacon and the smoked chipotle chili powder in it.
How to Make Chili with Peanut Butter Cups?
In a large dutch oven, start by sauteing the bacon in a large Dutch oven.
Place the ground beef and ground pork in the Dutch oven on top of the bacon. Then add the diced onions and garlic to the Dutch oven.
Add Better than Bouillon, chili powder and salt to the beef and onions. Cook the combination until the meat is all completely cooked. Add the crushed tomatoes and fire-roasted tomatoes to the meat. I actually used the fire-roasted salsa style tomatoes with roasted peppers in the mix on this batch. It might be a normal thing I use moving forward.
When the flavors have combined, add the Reese's Peanut Butter Cup and a can of chili beans to the mix.
I let the chili simmer for at least 30 minutes before eating. However, I always think chili is better the next day. This chili is no different.
Chili is best eaten the way you like it. Plain Jane chili with the basic Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Chili is one way to eat the chili.
We prefer to load it up with sour cream, cheese, and onions. Creamy and cheesy is chili is the way we roll.
I also know everyone eats chili with lots of different things. It appears an influence I have from Illinois is cinnamon rolls with my chili.
The Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Chili is going to soon become your favorite chili recipe. Regardless of how you make it, this is will be a base chili recipe you want to use.
Other Great Chili Recipes
Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Chili
- ½ pound bacon, cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork or sausage
- 4 cloves garlic, mined
- 1 whole onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons Chipotle chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Chilli powder
- 2 tablepoons Better than Bouillon, Beef Flavored
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 14.5 ounces fire-roasted tomatoes
- 15.5 ounces chili beans
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 Reese's Peanut Cup
- Begin cooking cut bacon in the bottom of a Dutch oven. When bacon is half cooked add the beef and pork. Break apart to begin cooking.
- Add the onion and garlic to the meat. Stir to combine Add half the chili powder and chipotle powder. Add the Better than Bouillon. Continue to cook until the meat is fully cooked.
- Pour the crushed tomatoes and fire-roasted tomatoes to the meat. Stir in the salt and beans.
- Combine the Reese's Peanut Butter Cup to the chili. Stir to completely melt.
- Let simmer for 30 minutes or more.
- Old Fashioned Strawberry Tapioca Salad - Pink Fluff - March 5, 2023
- Arroz Con Carne Molida Recipe - Mexican Rice with Ground Beef Skillet - February 27, 2023
- Baked Tortellini with Meat Sauce - February 19, 2023
Leave a Reply