Stew meat chili is an easy chili recipe that full of your favorite chili flavors but made with stew meat instead of hamburger. There are 1,001 ways to make chili. It seems everyone has there special way to make chili. They use beans or they don't put in any beans. Here in Indiana they put in spaghetti or macaroni. Some people use all beef while others use all pork and other mix it. But, here my friends is stew meat chili.
Stew Meat Chili
And the other secret to my stew meat chili...bacon. Lots of bacon.
Once the bacon is fried, remove the bacon from the pan and then put in the holy trinity. The onions, peppers, and garlic. Those three things fit together just like the Father, son, and holy ghost. You can't ever have one without the other two in chili.
And people, season that meat. Season it with herbs, chili powder, more garlic. Whatever you like in your chili! And then get your beer on. Yes, your beer, chili seasoning and bacon. Oh and tomatoes too.
Stew Meat Chili
- 6 slices of bacon
- 1 onion diced
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 lbs stew meat
- 1 bottle of beer or 2 cups beef broth
- 1, 28 ounces can crushed tomatoes
- 1, 10 ounces can Rotel
- 1, 14.5 ounces can diced tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons chili seasoning
- Fry bacon in the bottom of a large stock pot. Once crisp, remove and reserve for later leaving grease in the pot.
- Add garlic, onions, peppers to bacon grease and saute until softened.
- Stir stew meat into sauteed veggies. Add a chili powder to begin getting the heat going. Brown the edges of the meat just slightly for some caramelization flavor.
- Pour the beer over top of the stew meat and let braise for 20-30 minutes.
- When meat is tender and juices run clear, add canned tomato products. Add three tablespoons of chili seasoning and bacon reserved earlier.
- Let simmer for at least an hour. If meat doesn't fall apart use a knife or salad chopper to shred.
- Serve with your favorite toppings.
Affiliate links were used in this post. A portion of sales from these links come back to me.
- Spicy Ranch 7-Layer Taco Dip - Single Serving Option - September 6, 2021
- Tomato Basil Sauce - Homemade Tomato Sauce Recipe - September 2, 2021
- Cucumbers and Sour Cream - How to Make Cucumber and Sour Cream Salad - July 25, 2021