It doesn’t matter the time of year, the event, the age, these King’s Hawaiian Roll Ham Sandwiches are always a hit. If you are looking for a make ahead dish to take to a potluck, these sandwiches also freeze well.
Jill over at Boys, Bovines, and Blessings has a fantastic Pepsi Pork Chop recipe. I managed to pull this off for a post soccer game this weekend by setting the crock pot on high and cooking for four hours. I added some mashed potatoes to the plate, and the kids were scraping their plates clean.
Ethne over at WOM:MOM made a “can eat in one sitting” ham dip that is also a must make. It is a five ingredient or less recipe which always means keeper. I added 1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce to her recipe. Mainly because I am a little obsessed with the stuff.
And finally, anyone who loves jalapeño poppers has to try Desi’s, from Steak N Potatoes Kinda Girl, poppers. My husband is going to be excited to be seeing these come out of the oven tomorrow night!
Now, many of you have seen my freezer ham sammies, and do I have the slider version for you this week at Hunk of Meat Monday.
Start by chopping or grating an onion. I use the Pampered Chef food chopper. I get a pretty fine mince.
- Melt butter in a small skillet. Once melted add onions.
- When onions begin to soften add mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and poppy seeds into onions and butter. Simmer for two to three minutes.
- Remove rolls from package, keeping them all connected and cut the rolls in half lengthwise. Place the bottoms in a 13 x 9 pan lined with aluminum foil.
- Spread ½ of the butter and onion mixture across rolls bottoms follow by the ham and then the cheese.
- Top with the rolls tops and spread the remaining butter and onion mixture over the top of the rolls. Cover with aluminum.
- Bake covered with foil for 20 minutes on 350 or till all the cheese is melted.
- *You can freeze and refrigerate these sandwiches. If frozen cook in a 50 degree cooler over for 15-20 minutes longer. Recommended to thaw in fridge before baking though. Sandwiches that come out of the fridge to oven may take 30 minutes on 350.
Do you not like mustard? Or want to make these sandwiches with turkey or chicken? Check out these chicken sammies on Hawaiian rolls with onions and peppers.