The Crock Pot Italian chicken was easy to make and a hit with the kids. School is back in full swing and I am back having my love affair with my crock pot. A simple crock pot Italian chicken recipe with three ingredients of banana peppers, Italian seasoning, and chicken thighs that cooks all day in the crockpot for a perfect dinner entree on a busy weeknight.
Crock Pot Italian Chicken Ingredients
To make this super easy crock pot chicken recipe you will be shocked at how easy the ingredients for this Italian chicken are. To make this easy crock pot chicken thigh recipe you will need:
- Boneless, skinless chicken thighs - chicken breasts will work too. The fat
- Italian Dressing - While the bottle of Italian dressing will also work, I prefer Italian dressing seasoning for most recipes so I can control the liquid
- Jar of Banana Pepper Rings - This recipe is so similar to my Italian Beef recipe, however, instead of a beer, I add banana pepper rings and juice. If you don't like this flavor, beer is a great substitute.
How to Make Italian Dressing Chicken in Crock Pot
I have a new favorite that can easily be used in "other" dishes to freeze or to eat later in the week. Especially since the husband still considers chicken to be a vegetarian meal. Start of course with the basics...
I use a combination of chicken breast and thighs for anything I do that is "slow roasted." I think white meat is so dry. Place a pound of breasts and thighs in the bottom of the crock pot.
Then the remaining ingredients are two items you can buy at Aldi's. A jar of pepper rings and two envelopes of Italian seasoning mix. Dump the pepper rings, juice and all on top of the chicken followed by the Italian mix. Pour both envelopes on and around the chicken.
Then let it cook on low for 8+ hours or high for at least 4 hours. When you remove the lid there will seem like a lot of liquid/broth, especially if you put frozen chicken in the crock pot. This isn't a bad thing.
If you used chicken with bones still or skin, remove bones and skin now. Then shred the chicken at put on low till you are ready to eat. If there was not a lot of liquid, add a little chicken broth or water.
Serve on buns or by itself. It would be great on a bed of romaine with feta cheese, peppers and olives too. Or even on top of Italian nachos. The list goes on and on for how I am going to use this chicken.
Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes
Crock Pot Bacon Wrapped Italian Chicken
Crock Pot Creamy Chicken Bacon Ranch Sandwiches
Slow Cooker Italian Chicken with Artichokes and Italian Peppers
Crock Pot Italian Chicken
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts
- 12 oz jar of pepper rings
- 2 envelopes Italian Salad Dressing Mix
- Put chicken in the bottom of a crock pot. Pour pepper rings with juice over chicken. Sprinkle Italian mix over chicken. Cook on low for 8+ hours or on high for 4+ hours.
- After chicken has cooked, remove any bones or skin and shred. Keep on low till ready to eat. Add chicken broth or water if chicken seems to be drying out.
- Serve on buns or over pasta
What do you guys have cooking this week? Happy Labor Day!!
- Old Fashioned Strawberry Tapioca Salad - Pink Fluff - March 5, 2023
- Arroz Con Carne Molida Recipe - Mexican Rice with Ground Beef Skillet - February 27, 2023
- Baked Tortellini with Meat Sauce - February 19, 2023
Jamie @ Love Bakes Good Cakes
Thank you for hosting, Leah!
Hope you are having a great holiday and thanks for hosting!
I never thought to add sandwich peppers to the chicken and that sounds so amazing. Can't wait to ttry it
Hmmm...that looks really good!
Yum that looks good! Can't wait to see what else you cook up. I am a follower of your blog on Facebook and would love if you could hop over to my new blog (http://sarahsaturdiy.blogspot.com/) and share the blog love. Have a great weekend!
Tiffany A. White
I love easy chicken recipes in the crock pot AND I love Aldi! Thanks! We're going to try this. 🙂
Love that you shop aldi! Best way to save money!!
When I initially commented I clicked the "Notify me when new comments are added" checkbox and now each time a comment is added I get three e-mails with the same comment.
Is there any way you can remove people from that service?
I don't normally eat peppers....is this meal spicy? Is it mild enough to serve my 1yo daughter?
Can you use boneless, skinless chicken breasts?
It's in fact very difficult in this active life to listen news on Television, therefore I just use web for that
reason, and get the latest information.
This is the right site for everyone who really wants to find out about this topic.
You know so much its almost hard to argue with you (not that I personally
will need to…HaHa). You definitely put a new spin on a topic
that's been written about for decades. Excellent stuff,
One of our favorites!! I use chicken breasts and it comes out great! Also good with pepperoncinis. Thanks for a great recipe!