Crock Pot Chicken and noodles are not only the ultimate comfort food but a super easy chicken recipe the family will love to come home to smell a rich and comforting meal. This meal of chicken and noodles is the ultimate warm and filling meal for a cold winter night. The creamy chicken finished off with thick noodles and then served over mashed potatoes is pure carb-filled joy.
The crock pot beef and noodles recipe on my blog are so good, but my kids love chicken and noodles too. So I have the Instant Pot chicken and noodles and now this easy crock pot chicken and noodles. The slow cooker version is probably my favorite version of chicken and noodles.
What do you need to make old fashion chicken and noodles?
This recipe is a bit old fashion in nature but is definitely the ultimate comfort food and yet so easy to make with these basic ingredients:
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs - Either breasts or thighs will work. I tend to use thighs more because they have more flavor.
- Onions - Sweet onions or white onions work the best for this. They add more flavor to the dish.
- Celery - Celery can be omitted if you are really against it. It changes the texture and gives it an earthy flavor.
- Garlic - I am not sure I can cook without garlic. Garlic is life. I always have garlic bulbs on hand but minced jar garlic would work too.
- Butter - Fat is flavor. Grab the stick of butter.
- Cream of chicken soup - Cream of chicken obviously works the best but the cream of celery could be used in a pinch.
- Chicken Broth - Chicken broth or Better than Bouillon plus water can also work.
- Wide Noodles - Reames frozen noodles are what I recommend but dry wide noodles work as well.
- Garlic Pepper - This is a great combination of garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Buy a large bottle, because you will use it in a lot of recipes.
How to Make Chicken and Noodles in a Crock Pot?
Making this easy chicken and noodles in a crock pot is a dump-and-go recipe. Start by chopping the celery, onions, and garlic. Drop half of them into the crock pot with two tablespoons of butter.
Place the chicken on top of the vegetables and season with garlic pepper. Then add the remaining celery, onions, and garlic, and butter to the top of the chicken. Pour the cream of chicken soup and broth over the chicken. Season again. I love peppery chicken and noodles.
Cook on low for the day. Then when you are about an hour from wanting to eat, shred up the chicken. Pour the Reames noodles into the crock pot with the shredded chicken, soup, and broth.
Continue to slow cook for another hour or two. Add more water if the chicken and noodles are thicker than you like.
Serve over the top of mashed potatoes.
Hearty Weeknight Meals
Cheesy Hamburger and Noodle Casserole
Slow Cooker Chicken and Noodles - Whatcha' Crockin - Week 25
Crock Pot Chicken and Noodles
- Crock Pot
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons garlic pepper seasoning
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 onion
- 2 celery stalks
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 tablespoons Better than Bouillon Roasted Chicken
- 4 cups water
- 16 ounces frozen egg noodles
- Chop the onions, celery, and garlic. Place half the chopped vegetables in the crock pot along with 2 tablespoons of butter3 cloves garlic, 1 onion, 2 celery stalks
- Lay the chicken over the vegetables and season the chicken with garlic pepper seasoning. Add the remaining butter and vegetables to the top of the chicken.2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts, 4 tablespoons butter, 2 teaspoons garlic pepper seasoning
- Add the cream of chicken soup, Better than Bouillon, and 3 cups of water to the Instant Pot.2 cans cream of chicken soup, 2 tablespoons Better than Bouillon Roasted Chicken, 4 cups water
- Cook on low for 6-7 hours. Shred the chicken in the crock pot. Add the frozen noodles and cover with an additional one cup of water.16 ounces frozen egg noodles
- Cook for another hour or two.
- Season with salt and pepper as needed to your flavor preference.
- Serve over mashed potatoes.
- Old Fashioned Strawberry Tapioca Salad - Pink Fluff - March 5, 2023
- Arroz Con Carne Molida Recipe - Mexican Rice with Ground Beef Skillet - February 27, 2023
- Baked Tortellini with Meat Sauce - February 19, 2023
Leave a Reply