The only thing that may have made these baked pork chops better is a splash of bourbon. Inspired by the garlic brown sugar chicken recipe I make, the cheesy garlic and brown sugar pork chops were delicious and easy.
I mentioned easy. The most complicated is dicing garlic. Honestly. A few simple steps and you are on the way to pork heaven. Season each side of the pork chops with brown sugar, garlic, salt and pepper with a dash of paprika and follow up with a drizzle of butter over the top of the pork chops. Use plenty of butter. Butter is a flavor conductor. It will run off and be left behind in the pan, but those pork chops will be juicy thanks to the butter.
Serves: 4 pork chops
Serving size: 1 pork chop
- 4 pork chops
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ cup shredded colby-jack cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Rub both sides of pork chops with garlic and brown sugar. Place in square baking dish and drizzle butter over top. Sprinkle with paprika, alt and pepper.
- Bake on 350 for 20-25 minutes or till internal temperature is 155 degrees.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for another five minutes.