As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This Texas 2-step soup mix in a jar recipe is easy to put together and will store for quick weeknight meals or be a perfect mason jar edible gift.
I just spent the last four days in sunny California. My girlfriend from the University of Illinois is finishing her PhD at Berkley. So, another gal pal of mine and our husbands headed for San Francisco and wine country for a long weekend. I wanted to cry when I realized the long weekend was over. I will be giving you all the ins and outs of the trip when I have the energy to download the 500+ pictures.
While I was away, some of my gal pals got together for a Freeze-O-Rama day headed up by Cris from Goodeness Gracious. Lucky for me, my friend Megan and her sister Barbara over who blog together over at These Old Cookbooks put together my meals for me and delivered meals to my freezer. She pretty much rocks and has a great bottle of wine being delivered from Napa Valley with her name on it.
So, since Megan and Barbara were “pinch-cooking” I tried to make it simple. I sent her the ingredients for Texas 2-Step Soup Mix in a 16-ounce mason jar with a complimentary pound of homegrown hamburger.
Looking for a mason jar mix recipe that isn't cookies? This Texas 2-step soup is the perfect jar mix recipe for food gifts or stocking up on quick weeknight meals.
- 1 -1.61 oz Brown gravy mix package
- 2 Tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 10-12 tortilla chips crushed
- 1 - 1.25 cups pasta such a macaroni or shells
- 1 Pound ground beef or pork
- 7 cups water
- 1 15 oz. can of corn with red and green peppers
- 1 15 oz. can of diced tomatoes
- Fill wide mouth pint jar with first with brown gravy mix.
- Combine chili powder, oregano, cumin, onion, and garlic salt in a bowl and add to jar.
- Add tortilla chips followed by the dry pasta.
- Seal with the lid and ring.
- Brown beef in medium pot or dutch oven till juices run clear.
- Add water and contents of jar to the beef in the pan used to brown the meat. Heat till boiling.
- Add corn and tomatoes to soup.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve with shredded cheese, tortilla chips, and sour cream.
Want to have a printable card to attach to the jar gift? Print our recipe card.