As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
The week of Thanksgiving I received my first cookbook from Gooseberry Patch to review as part of the early reviewer program. This is quickly becoming my go-to weeknight cookbook. This book was MADE for the working mom. Quick, filling recipes which can also be eaten on the go. This was the first recipe I tried was this open-faced beef stroganoff sandwiches recipe and was eaten on the way to ballet.
So, what is this cookbook that I am in love with called, 101 Soups, Salads & Sandwiches.
Open-Faced Beef Stoganoff Sandwiches
The open-faced beef stroganoff sandwiches were a hit with the kids and took me 30 minutes to make and walk out the door to ballet.
Open-Faced Beef Stroganoff Sandwiches from Gooseberry Patch 101 Soups, Salads & Sandwiches
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package mini bagels
- 4-6 tablespoons of softened butter
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 to matoes diced
- 1 green pepper diced
- 3 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- Brown ground beef and onions in a skillet over medium heat. Drain grease when beef is fully cooked and return to pan.
- Add in seasonings to meat and onions. Stir in sour cream and remove skillet from heat.
- Split six bagels in half and butter each half.
- Place buttered bagels on baking sheet. Spoon beef mixture on bagels.
- Sprinkle with tomatoes and green peppers and top with shredded cheddar cheese
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
Be sure to link up your Hunk of Meat Monday recipes. Can’t wait to see what you are all making.
Gooseberry Patch gave me this cookbook free of charge. The opinions I am sharing are my own and not an obligation. Affiliate links have also been used in this post.