Cheesy hamburger and noodle casserole is an easy dinner recipe made with ground beef, noodles, tomato soup, and cheese for homemade hamburger helper kind of meal. I am always looking for new recipes for using ground beef and this easy pasta recipe is definitely a winner. The fact that this beef and pasta casserole is done in under 30 minutes is the real reason this recipe is a keeper.
This recipe was an easy creation brought to you by what I had in the pantry one night. Tomato soup is a magical staple item I now always have on hand. This dish is so kid-friendly it will become as popular as spaghetti.
Hamburger and Noodle Casserole Ingredients
This is a simple 5-ingredient ground beef and pasta casserole recipe that is done in under 30 minutes. You just need these pantry staples to make this simple casserole.
- Ground Beef
- Noodles or Macaroni - I love mini lasagna noodles for this recipe
- Tomato Soup
- Shredded Cheese - Colby Jack or Cheddar will work perfectly for this.
- Steak Seasoning
How to Make Cheesy Hamburger and Noodle Casserole
To make this easy casserole, start by preparing the noodles or pasta like macaroni according to the package directions. In a dutch oven or braiser, over a medium-high heat, brown the ground beef. I love onions so I added onions to the recipe that would not be necessary.
When the beef is cooked completely, drain the grease and return to the pot. Then grab your tomato soup and shredded cheese.
Next, pour the soup into the cooked ground beef. Finally, stir in one cup of shredded cheese. Stir to completely combine all the ingredients and melt the cheese.
Over the top of the combination of pasta and cheesy sauce, cover with an additional cup of cheese.
Then bake for 15 minutes in a 350 degree over. The cheese will melt and bubble around the edges.
The cheesy hamburger and noodle casserole will be good served with cheesy garlic bread or some warm beer biscuits.
Easy Dinner Recipes
Instant Pot Taco Hamburger Pasta
Crock Pot Hashbrown and Smoked Sausage Casserole
Cheeseburger Macaroni - Homemade Hamburger Helper
Cheesy Hamburger and Noodle Casserole
- 8 ounces mini lasagna noodles
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can tomato soup
- 2 cups colby-jack cheese
- 2 teaspoons steak seasoning
- 1 cup onions, diced optional
- Prepare the noodles according to package directions.
- While the pasta cooks, brown the ground beef in a stock pot or braiser over medium-high heat with the steak seasoning and onions if you are using onions.
- After the beef is fully cooked, drain and return to pot. Add the tomato soup and one cup of cheese to the ground beef. Stir to combine.
- Top the beef and pasta off with the remaining cup of cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes on 350°.
More great recipes at Weekend Potluck and Meal Plan Monday.
- Old Fashioned Strawberry Tapioca Salad - Pink Fluff - March 5, 2023
- Arroz Con Carne Molida Recipe - Mexican Rice with Ground Beef Skillet - February 27, 2023
- Baked Tortellini with Meat Sauce - February 19, 2023
This was so good my mom makes this for me all the time! It's so good it makes my stomach rumble thinking about it.