The week of Thanksgiving I received my first cookbook from Gooseberry Patch to review as part of the early reviewer program. This is quickly becoming my go-to weeknight cookbook. This book was MADE for the working mom. Quick, filling recipes which can also be eaten on the go. This was the first recipe I tried was this open-faced beef stroganoff sandwiches recipe and was eaten on the way to ballet.
So, what is this cookbook that I am in love with called, 101 Soups, Salads & Sandwiches.
Open-Faced Beef Stoganoff Sandwiches
The open-faced beef stroganoff sandwiches were a hit with the kids and took me 30 minutes to make and walk out the door to ballet.
Open-Faced Beef Stroganoff Sandwiches from Gooseberry Patch 101 Soups, Salads & Sandwiches
- 2 pounds ground beef
- ½ cup onion chopped
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 package mini bagels
- 4-6 tablespoons of softened butter
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 to matoes diced
- 1 green pepper diced
- 3 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- Brown ground beef and onions in a skillet over medium heat. Drain grease when beef is fully cooked and return to pan.
- Add in seasonings to meat and onions. Stir in sour cream and remove skillet from heat.
- Split six bagels in half and butter each half.
- Place buttered bagels on baking sheet. Spoon beef mixture on bagels.
- Sprinkle with tomatoes and green peppers and top with shredded cheddar cheese
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
Be sure to link up your Hunk of Meat Monday recipes. Can't wait to see what you are all making.
Gooseberry Patch gave me this cookbook free of charge. The opinions I am sharing are my own and not an obligation. Affiliate links have also been used in this post.
- Sea Breeze Cocktail - Vodka Cranberry Grapefruit Drink - May 6, 2023
- Italian Coleslaw - April 30, 2023
- Bourbon Peach Slab Pie - Peach Pie Bars 🍑 🥧 - April 1, 2023
Your little sandwiches look so good, and what a great idea to serve a crowd during the holidays. I brought dessert today, My Grandmothers Buttermilk Pie. Thanks for hosting and have a great week!
Leah, Your sandwiches look so cheesy good! I have shared Italian Chili. Thank you for hosting!
Wow - #1 that pampercheif thing is amazing!! Frozen hamburger cooked in 7 minutes - I need that because I never remember to thaw meat!
#2 - these look so good!! It would be a great party food too.
Ummm these look so yummy I am seeing myself purchasing this cook book for Harvest 2012!
Emily @ Zweber Family Farm
That looks like a cookbook for me! These would be great to cook up while we are at the state or county fairs.
I love my pampered chef microcookers! I also have the stoneware deep dish cooker that I use in the microwave for chicken and stuff. LOVE IT. Great looking recipe 🙂
Hard to go wrong with sour cream!
Amanda @ Serenity Now
OOoh, those look so good. What a great recipe to add to a weeknight menu. 🙂 Visiting from Balancing Beauty and Bedlam...hope you'll stop by my blog to say hi. 🙂
So if you were to follow the recipe and use french bread are they still open-faced?
I made your Sandwiches for our church youth group the other night and they were delicious! Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday. Hope you are having a great week and come back soon!
I lilrtaely jumped out of my chair and danced after reading this!