We have a winner, folks…Congrats to Angie from Successful 2gether for winning the Gooseberry Patch Simple Shortcut Recipes Cookbook!! In honor of her win, I am sharing one last recipe from the cookbook.
Impossible Ham & Swiss Pie falls into the Breakfast section of the cookbook however, this could also be a quick lunch or supper too. We actually made it for a brunch meal. I love combining breakfast and lunch meals. Fewer dishes!!
Impossible Ham and Swiss Pie
Since this recipe is impossibly easy, my kids helped make it. Start by beating four eggs and adding one cup of biscuit baking mix.
Continue by adding two cups of milk and mix till combined.
While I had the kids mixing I added two cups of diced ham, 1/3 cup of onions and one cup of shredded Swiss cheese to the bottom of a deep greased pie plate
Then pour the eggs and baking mix over top.
Bake at 400 degrees for 35-40 minutes until a knife comes out clean.
It was delish! The kiddos loved it too.
Congrats again to Angie for winning the cookbook. Be sure to get your own copy. You won’t regret it!
- 2 cups of diced cooked ham
- 1 cup of shredded Swiss cheese
- ⅓ cup onion, diced
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup biscuit baking mix
- salt and pepper to taste
- Grease a 10-inch deep dish pie plate. Spread ham over the bottom of the pie pan and then layer with cheese and onions.
- Whisk eggs, milk, and biscuit mix together until smooth. Add salt and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture over top of the ham and cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 400 degrees for 35-40 minutes, until golden and a knife tip comes out clean.
Gooseberry Patch gave me the cookbook to review and another to giveaway to my readers. Opinions are all mine. Affiliate links were used in this post.