Sometimes the simplest recipes are the best. Nothing fancy. Nothing complicated. This garlic brown sugar chicken recipe is just that. Garlic brown sugar chicken is a simple oven-baked chicken recipe, full of flavor with less than 5 ingredients and can be on the table in 30 minutes.
Garlic Brown Sugar Chicken Ingredients
The ingredients are what the title explains: garlic, brown sugar, and chicken. Add some salt and pepper for good measure. But in all seriousness here are the exact ingredients you need to make the juiciest boneless, skinless chicken thigh recipe.
- Boneless, skinless chicken thighs - Chicken breasts would work too
- Garlic - a bulb of fresh garlic. The jarred kind would work as well
- Brown sugar
- Salt and pepper - Because everything needs salt and pepper in my world.
- Honey-Garlic Seasoning - If you want to be fancier, grab this seasoning. It is the best. TOTALLY OPTIONAL.
How to Make Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs
Start by mincing four cloves of garlic and toasting in a small saute pan with a little extra virgin olive oil.
Then place four boneless, skinless chicken breast or thighs in a square or round 9-inch dish. I love chicken thighs over breasts. The dark meat doesn't dry out like the white meat. If you used an oven-safe skillet like a cast-iron skillet with the garlic, go ahead and put the chicken in that pan and brown both sides of the chicken before baking.
Chicken Thigh Recipes
Garlic Brown Sugar Chicken
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons honey chipotle seasoning optional
- Toast garlic in a tablespoon of oil over medium heat in a small saute pan or cast iron skillet. When garlic is light brown, remove it from the pan and pour it into a small bowl. Mix brown sugar into garlic.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper or the honey chipotle seasoning and sear the chicken in the pan you toasted the garlic.
- Place chicken in a 9 inch round or square baking dish or a cast iron skillet. Sprinkle garlic brown sugar over chicken. Season with salt and pepper to your taste.
- Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until the juices run clear.
- Remove from oven and let rest for several minutes before serving.
What is cooking over on your blog this week? Can't wait to get some weeknight meal ideas!