As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Crock Pot Ranch Pork Chops have just three ingredients but will leave you with flavorful, juicy pork chops for dinner. I will make these any day of the week. With the drippings from the crock pot, you can create a quick gravy and serve with mashed potatoes.
Crock Pot Ranch Pork Chops
The three ingredients are simple: pork chops, butter, and ranch dressing mix. That is it. It is that simple
Butter you ask? Well, when everyone went all health crazy, they wanted to cut fat from their diet. So, today we have very lean pork. Too lean personally, but we are healthier thanks to the lean pork, right? Well, maybe not. Whenever I cook a lean piece of pork like the pork chops that normally have minimal fat around it I add fat. It is no different with these pork chops.
Season the pork chops generously with the ranch seasoning. I used three tablespoons total. I buy bulk dressing mix, however one envelope would also be the equivalent. I used a stick of butter but you could safely use just four tablespoons of butter.
Then it is all up to the crock pot. I cooked on low for 6 hours. You could go a pinch longer. Again pork chops can be easy to dry out, even with butter, so don’t let them cook for 12 hours unless you planning on them being closer to a pulled pork type meat.
Serve up with some mashed potatoes and make some quick gravy. To make the gravy, I took 1/4 cup of the juices from the crock pot and mixed a heaping tablespoon of cornstarch with a cup of milk. Simmer over medium heat till thickened. You could also use two tablespoons of flour to make a roux with the crock pot juices and slowly add the cup of milk. Add more milk if you want a thinner gravy.
- 4 thick cut pork chops bone-in or boneless
- 1 stick 8 Tablespoons of real butter
- 1 package of Ranch Dressing Mix 3 tablespoons
- Coat the pork chops with ranch mix.
- Place two pork chops in the crock and place two tablespoons of butter on top of the pork chops.
- Place two additional pork chops on top of the pork chops.
- Top each with two tablespoons of butter.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Apricot Bourbon-Glazed Ham on the Grill or Oven-Baked - April 5, 2020
- Sheet Pan Pork Chops, Sweet Potatoes and Red Potatoes - April 4, 2020
- Air Fryer Pizza Bites on Naan Bread - March 25, 2020