Crock Pot Cinnamon Roll Monkey Bread combines two tubes of refrigerator cinnamon rolls with caramel sauce that becomes a gooey cinnamon pull-apart bread that is drowned in icing to finish it off. The monkey bread is dripping with cinnamon caramel sauce and white icing. Breakfast should be a sin to be this good.
Monkey bread is always a hit for brunch, breakfast, or even a dessert. I have the traditional bundt cake version of monkey bread and the casserole crock pot monkey bread recipe. Now I have the Crock Pot Cinnamon Roll Monkey Bread recipe.
Cinnamon Roll Monkey Bread Ingredients
The ingredients for crock pot cinnamon roll monkey bread are simple.
The ingredients for cinnamon roll monkey bread are much like the original monkey bread recipe. You will need the following:
- Cinnamon rolls - The refrigerator cans of cinnamon rolls work best. Not the huge one, but rather the ones that are 8 rolls to a package. I tend to buy the ones with cream cheese frosting included. You will need two tubes of refrigerator cinnamon rolls.
- Brown sugar - Light brown sugar to make the caramel glaze. White sugar can be substituted, brown sugar gives a richer flavor.
- Butter - Real butter to make the caramel glaze.
- Cinnamon - Whatever kind of cinnamon you have on hand will work.
- Salt - There is something about salt giving sweetness better flavor. No different with this monkey bread recipe.
How to Make Crock Pot Cinnamon Rolls Monkey Bread
Begin by making the caramel sauce. In a saucepan or medium skillet combine butter, brown sugar, a little water, and salt, and bring to a good boil. When it is done pour half of the sauce into the greased casserole crock pot.
Next, quarter two cans of refrigerator cinnamon rolls. I just run a knife through a stack of them to quarter them.
Drop the biscuits into the crock pot. They should layer the entire bottom of the casserole crock pot before doubling up the layers. Pour the remaining caramel sauce over the top of the biscuits.
Cook on high for two hours. Then move the crock pot to low to keep warm until ready to serve. Pour the icing over the top of the monkey bread right before serving.
The fork fulls of Crock Pot Cinnamon Roll Monkey Bread is just as amazing as they look. To. Die. For. Good.
This, my friends, combines cinnamon rolls and monkey bread to create the most amazing warm bread breakfast casserole.
TIPS FOR MAKING CROCK POT MONKEY BREAD
- The center is the last thing to cook, so put a small bowl with water in the middle to give another hot edge for the biscuits to touch.
- If you want a less sticky top for a more crusty top, place a thin kitchen towel pulled tight under the crock pot lid.
- Want to bake this in the oven instead of the crock pot? No problem. Bake in a Bundt Cake Pan at 350° for 45 minutes.
Casserole Crock Pot Breakfast Recipes
But first, don't forget about the crock pot cinnamon roll recipe.
Crock Pot Casserole Crock Pot
- 2 cans refrigerator cinnamon rolls, 12-13 ounce size
- 1 stick butter, 8 tablespoons
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a small pan, melt butter, sugar, water and salt together. When mixture begins to boil, remove from heat and pour ⅓ of sauce in the bottom of a greased casserole crock pot.
- In the middle of the casserole crock pot put a small bowl.
- Quarter the biscuits with a knife and put the pieces into the crock pot.
- Pour the remaining sauce over the top of the roll pieces.
- Cook on high for two hours. Switch to low to keep warm until ready to serve. Drop the frosting in the bowl in the middle of the monkey bread.
- Pour the icing over the monkey bread before serving.