I don’t know when I was introduced to red velvet cake, but I don’t really remember life before red velvet cake. I remember my college roommate making me red velvet for my birthday. I think that was the moment I knew I also had the best roommate ever. For me cake is all about the frosting. So, maybe the cream cheese icing is why I love red velvet cake so much. Which is why these red velvet cake mix brownies with cream cheese icing are truly the closest think to a perfect food.
I sort of love my cake mix brownies with ganache frosting. Again for the frosting. I mean seriously, who doesn’t love ganache?
Red Velvet Cake Mix Brownies
The red velvet cake mix brownies are made the same way, but naturally with a red velvet cake mix. From there you just add the egg, oil and water.
The dough is thick, like a regular brownie mix. Spread it out in a 13 x 9 greased pan and then bake. It is while the red velvet cake mix brownies are baking you can make the best part, the cream cheese icing.
Cream Cheese Icing
The great thing about this icing is it is simple. Cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar and vanilla and your hand mixer will get you to pure bliss. Once the brownies are out and cooled, spread the icing out over top of the brownies. And lick the bowl cleaning.
Cut and enjoy. Add sprinkles for Christmas versions. It is the perfect Christmas treat. It comes precolored for the season. There is still plenty of time to make the red velvet cake mix brownies.
- 1, 18.25 ounce red velvet cake mix
- 1 egg, beaten
- ⅓ cup oil
- ⅓ cup water
- 1, 8 ounce block of cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 stick or 8 tablespoons of butter at room temperature
- 2 cups of powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Stir cake mix, egg, oil and water together in a bowl to make a thick batter.
- Spread batter in a greased 13x9 pan and back on 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Spread frosting or other desired frosting toppings.
- Cream the cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar and vanilla together
- When brownies are cooled spread icing over top of the brownies.
Affiliate Links Were Used.