As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
On-the-go breakfast that is low-carb can be tough. Seriously, nothing in the grocery store that is premade and held in your hand is low-carb. So, I took matter into my own hands and created these low-carb egg muffins.
When I decided to go low-carb for a while, I knew it would be hard, but I never knew how hard a low-carb breakfast I can eat while driving to work would be so difficult. I have one version of egg and ham muffins I like but wanted some other options too. After searching for ideas, I settled on trying to make these low-carb egg muffins.
Low-Carb Egg and Ham Cup Ingredients
The low-carb egg muffins recipe is not so much about precision as it is processed. I make these in batches of six and reheat them as I need to eat them throughout the week. I start with the basic though:
- Thinly sliced meat like ham or salami
- Diced veggies
- Seasonings or salt and pepper
How to make Low-Carb Egg Muffins
Then you start layering the ingredients.
Start by putting the meat slices in a lightly greased muffin pan. I just use Pam Cooking Spray. I made some of the egg muffins with ham and some with salami. Next, put green onion slices and mushroom pieces in the meat cups. Add shredded cheese if you so desire. I tossed some shredded parmesan in the these. Then carefully crack an egg on top of it all.
Top with salt and pepper or other seasonings you use on your eggs.
Bake the eggs on 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes. Basically until the egg is no longer jiggly.
Low-Carb Egg Muffins
- 6 slices of ham salami, turkey or any other thinly sliced meat
- 1/2 cup add-ins like mushrooms onions, olives or ther items you put in omelettes
- 1/2 cup cheese shredded
- 6 eggs
- Salt and Pepper
- Spray cupcake tin with cooking spray.
- Line each cupcake tin with a slice of meat.
- Place add-ins and cheese in meat lining.
- Crack a single egg into each meat cup.
- Season with salt and pepper or other seasonings you use on eggs.
- Bake on 350 for 25-30 minutes, till eggs are solid.
Affiliate links were used in this post.
- Brussels Sprouts with Pecans and Honey - September 30, 2020
- English Muffin Egg Cups – Individual Breakfast Casseroles - September 27, 2020
- English Muffin Garlic Toast – Easy Homemade Garlic Bread - September 23, 2020