The dump cake love is real for a cook who doesn't love the preciseness baking requires. I also love any dessert I can make in the crock pot. It makes for a warm dessert whenever you want to eat it. Crock Pot Apple Pie Dump Cake is just a few simple ingredients of apple pie filling, cake mix, butter and pecans and in the crock pot for a couple of hours. The warm cake topped with vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce creates the warm and rich dessert it should be if you are going to eat the extra calories.
The best thing about this crock pot apple pie dump cake recipe is you can easily substitute your favorite pie filling for the apple pie filling and enjoy it just as much!
Crock Pot Apple Pie Dump cake with Pecans
The ingredients for my version of the apple dump cake are apple pie filling, cake mix, butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, and pecans. The prep time for this recipe is next to nothing. You literally just keep dumping the ingredients one right after the other. I used a casserole crock pot for this recipe, but I am sure it would work in a traditional crock pot as well.
Start by dumping both cans of apple pie filling in the greased crock pot.
Then dump the yellow cake mix evenly over the apple pie filling. On top of the cake mix, sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon as well as the pecan pieces. Finish by pouring melted butter over the top of the entire dump cake.
Then cook on high for 2-3 hours. I went ahead after hour two and put a towel across the crock pot to absorb moisture and then placed the lid back on. Turn to low until ready to eat.
While this is an amazing dessert all by it's lonesome, no one should eat crock pot apple dump cake with pecans without ice cream.
Crock Pot Apple Pie Dump Cake
- 2 cans 20-ounce can of Apple Pie Filling
- 1 box yellow cake mix, 15.25 ounce box
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup pecan pieces
- 8 tablespoons butter, one stick
- Grease a casserole crock pot and dump apple pie filling into crock pot.
- Over the top of the apples, dump the cake evenly out. Sprinkle the brown sugar, cinnamon, and pecans over the cake mix.
- Pour the melted butter over the cake mix.
- Cook on high for two hours. Place a towel under the lid and cook on low another hour or until ready to serve.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce.
Shared on Weekend Potluck
- Arroz Con Pollo - Mexican Chicken and Rice with Queso - March 28, 2021
- Air Fryer Broccoli Recipe- Ninja Foodi Broccoli - March 25, 2021
- Air Fryer Ravioli - How to Make Toasted Ravioli in the Air Fryer - March 13, 2021