Cheez-It firecrackers are your favorite cheese crackers recipe made with a buttery Italian seasoning with a little kick from red pepper flakes and baked to crispy cracker snacks. While a lot of recipes for firecrackers with either saltines or cheese crackers are spicy, they all tend to use ranch seasoning. I am obsessed with the zesty Italian dressing mix and decided to try it on the Cheez-its. The results were spicy, butter cheesy crackers.
This firecrackers recipe made with Cheez-Its is a great switch up to a traditional Chex mix and is perfect for people who don't necessarily like ranch seasoning. These crackers are definitely perfect to snack on while watching a big football game or girls' night in.
To make these firecrackers you need just three simple ingredients in addition to crackers. The crackers you use can also be substituted.
Here are the ingredients you need to make fire crackers:
- CheezIts - Cheese crackers are great for this recipe but mini saltines or club crackers would work too. Oyster crackers also are perfect for these spicy Italian crackers.
- Butter - Vegetable oil can be substituted instead of butter
- Zesty Italian Dressing Mix - Ranch can be exchanged here if you prefer ranch seasoning to Italian seasoning.
- Red Pepper Flakes - If you don't like heat, red pepper flakes can totally be omitted. I think a little heat makes these crackers so good. Plus spice makes them great beer-drinking crackers.
How to Make Cheezit Firecrackers?
The addicting, beer-drinking snacks are super easy to make. Begin by dumping the box of cheez-its in a baking dish. Melt six tablespoons of butter and pour over the crackers. Gently stir to coat the crackers with the butter.
Next, sprinkle the package of zesty Italian seasoning mix and red pepper flakes over the buttered crackers. Stir the crackers coat with the seasoning mix and pepper flakes.
When the crackers are done baking, they will be crisp and toasted. Pull the Cheez-It Firecrackers from the oven and let cool.
Transfer to a serving bowl and store any leftovers in an airtight container or zipper bag.
Easy Snack Recipes
Cheez-It Firecrackers Recipe
- 12.4 ounces Cheez-It Crackers
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 0.6 ounce Zesty Italian Dressing Mix
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- Pour the crackers into a baking dish. Pour the melted butter over the crackers. Stir to coat the crackers completely.
- Spread the Italian mix and red pepper flakes over the crackers. Stir to coat the crackers.
- Bake at 250° for 15-20 minutes. Stir once during the baking.
- Let cool and store in airtight container.
Linked to Weekend Potluck and Monday Meal Plan
- Old Fashioned Strawberry Tapioca Salad - Pink Fluff - March 5, 2023
- Arroz Con Carne Molida Recipe - Mexican Rice with Ground Beef Skillet - February 27, 2023
- Baked Tortellini with Meat Sauce - February 19, 2023
My family loves Cheez Its and all things spicy so this is going to be a big hit at our house. Thanks for sharing your recipe at Meal Plan Monday!
The perfect cracker recipe. I am so excited to finally get a recipe that does not include ranch dressing, unless preferred. Maybe I will try subbing Italian, in place of ranch, for other recipes. Thank you so much.
After removing them from oven I added a couple tablespoons of Parmesan cheese to mine. Yummy!!