Quick and easy appetizers are a must when you also have a drinking blog. These whiskey dogs are an easy lit’l smokies appetizer you can make on the stovetop or in a crock pot. Afterall, whiskey makes everything better, especially when combined with little smokies.
Lit’l Smokies Ingredients
- Lit’l Smokies or hot dogs cut into bite-sized pieces
- Brown Sugar
How to Make Whiskey Dogs?
How you cook the lit’l smokies in any recipe depends purely on the time you have. If you need a quick appetizer, this lit’l smokies appetizer can be made on the stove in 15 minutes. But if you are having a party and want to keep them warm for an extended period making these in a [amazon_textlink asin=’B012CP15H2′ text=’small crock pot’ template=’ProductLink’ store=’farmwifedrink-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’61ca9ca1-2409-473e-b9c1-80ad7ad47b7f’]will work perfectly too.
To make the whiskey dogs, combine the weiners, ketchup, brown sugar, and whiskey in the Dutch oven on the stove or crock pot. Stir the ingredients to combine, making sure the brown sugar dissolves completely in the liquid.
Cook the lit’l smokies until they are heated completely through. Keep the weiners over a low heat to serve either on the stove or in the crock pot.
Whiskey Dogs - Lit'l Smokies Appetizers
- 1 pound lit'l smokies or hot dogs
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup ketchup
- ½ cup whiskey
- In Dutch oven or saucepan combine all the ingredients. Stir to ensure the brown sugar is completely dissolved.
- Cook over medium heat until little smokies are completely cooked and sauce is reduced.
- You may also cook in a crock pot on low for two hours.