Knowing how to make a ribeye roast can mean a perfect beef holiday dinner entree that is perfectly cooked to a medium rare with a garlic and pepper crust all done on the Big Green Egg grill or the oven. Cooking an expensive cut of beef can be daunting. But there is no reason to be afraid when it is fairly easy to cook to perfection with a few easy steps.
This prime rib recipe was crazy easy to prep and cooked with the simple process we used. It also helps that we bought an incredible ribeye roast that was USDA prime. Being USDA prime means it carried more fat in the muscle and the edge. Why is this important? Fat is flavor and moisture. Both of which make the ribeye special and extremely flavorful. Simply put, beef marbling makes the meat delicious.
Ribeye Roast Recipe Ingredients
The ingredients for this ribeye roast are a simple three in addition to the roast itself. Here are the ingredients you will need.
- Ribeye Roast or Prime Rib - 3-5 pound USDA prime ribeye roast or prime rib
- Worcestershire sauce - This is the sauce du jour for all things beef.
- Garlic Pepper Seasoning - Salt and Pepper or the Kinder's salt, pepper, and garlic
- Garlic - a bulb of garlic and mince the cloved or jarred minced garlic will work as well.
- Olive Oil - optional if you don't have a prime piece of meat
These few ingredients come together for the easiest grilled ribeye roast.
How to Make a Ribeye Roast
To make this flavorful and ribeye roast, you will begin the night before by rubbing the meat down with salt, pepper, and garlic. Begin by dousing the roast with the Worcestershire sauce. Then coat the roast with the fresh minced garlic and followed by the seasoning.
Place the ribeye roast back in the fridge overnight. The next day, pull the meat out of the fridge about 2 hours before you plan on putting it on the grill to get it warmed to room temperature. It took me about 30 minutes to get the Big Green Egg up to the right heat and then settled back down.
To cook this prime ribeye you will want to get the grill to 325° and then put the conveggtor in so the ribeye will cook with indirect heat.
Place the ribeye roast fat cap up and bone down if the roast has a bone. If you are making a boneless ribeye roast, then just make sure the fat side is on top.
If you have a digital thermometer, put it in the roast and let the Big Green Egg work its magic. We discovered it took about 2 hours to cook the ribeye roast to a medium-rare. When the roast hit 110° we turned the roast 180 degrees and open the big green egg to bring the roast to 125°. Pull the roast and let it rest for about 10 minutes before cutting into it.
Slice the ribeye roast in the thickness you desire and serve immediately. Many people serve it with horseradish creamy sauce. But, we didn't see any need for this with the amount of flavor that came out of the juicy prime ribeye roast recipe.
What Sides Go with Prime Rib
Looking for the best side dishes to go with this amazing beef entree? Don't worry, I have you covered there too.
Easy Ribeye Roast Recipe
- 3-5 pound Prime Ribeye Roast
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon Salt, pepper, Garlic Seasoning
- The night before or 8 hours before you want to start grilling, rub the ribeye roast down with the seasonings bye coating in the Worcestershire sauce, garlic, and seasoning.
- Cover in saran wrap and refrigerate.
- Pull the ribeye roast out 2 hours before you begin grilling.
- Prepare the grill or Big Green Egg by getting it to 325° with a diffusor or conveggtor in place for inderect heat grilling.
- Grill the roast by placing it fat side up on the grill. If there are bones in the roast, they should be on the grates.
- Cook until the internal temperature reaches 110°. Then turn the roast 180 degrees and open up the grill to get the temperature above 400°. Cook until the internal temp reaches 125°.
- Remove from the grill and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Shared on Weekend Potluck
- Sheet Pan Smoked Sausage, Potatoes, and Broccoli Recipe - January 1, 2022
- Peanut Butter Pie Recipe - No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie - December 26, 2021
- Sugar Cookie Fudge - Christmas Cookie Fudge - December 19, 2021