Bacon Ranch Egg Salad is a low-carb and keto egg salad recipe made with base ingredients of hard-boiled eggs, bacon, mayonnaise, and ranch seasoning and can be doctored up with the addition of items like green onions, cheese, and avocados. Egg salad is an easy, quick meal. When you are counting carbs the sweet pickle relish can kill your carb allotment for the day. A friend of mine recommended a great alternative to the traditional mustard and pickle with this bacon ranch egg salad that is a simple four-ingredient recipe.
Bacon Ranch Egg Salad is perfect for eating a bed of lettuce or even for a stuffed celery recipe. Since making batches of hard-boiled eggs is an easy low-carb snack to have on hand, I make this bacon ranch egg salad regularly.
Low-Carb Egg Salad with Bacon Ingredients
I am constantly making the easy to peel hard-boiled eggs to have to snack on for a quick low-carb snack. I decided to fry up some bacon and give this bacon ranch egg salad recipe a try.
The base ingredients for this egg and bacon salad are:
- Hard-Boiled Eggs - If you haven't been making your hard-boiled eggs with my easy-peel method, be sure to check it out.
- Fried Bacon - Bacon, fresh pan-fried slices of bacon is best. But bacon crumbles will also work. They just will be a bit more chewy than crisp.
- Mayonnaise - Not to be confused with miracle whip or rather salad dressing. Mayonnaise is what you want here.
- Ranch Seasoning - Ranch seasoning is a staple seasoning in my house. I buy the Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoning by the bottle.
Add-in ingredients can also be used to make this low-carb egg salad to change it up. Here are ideas of what I have added to change the bacon and egg salad recipe up.
- Green onions
- Dill Pickles
How to Make Bacon Ranch Egg Salad
Slice and dice the eggs up and crumble the bacon in a bowl. I make this bacon ranch egg salad one slice of bacon to one egg. A perfect way to finely chop the eggs is with an egg slicer. I put the egg in twice in different directions to get the perfect cubes.
To the eggs and bacon add mayonnaise and ranch dressing seasoning. Mix the mayo andd ranch completely to combine into one super-flavorful bacon ranch egg salad. The great thing about this egg salad is it also has some crunch to the salad thanks to the bacon.
Storing Egg Salad
This egg salad with bacon lasts refrigerated for several days. I have kept it on hand for three days in the refrigerator.
I would not recommend freezing the egg salad.
You will definitely be making this on a regular basis. The flavors are addicting.
Ways to Eat Low-Carb Egg Salad
In addition to just eating this low-carb egg salad with bacon just with a spoon but here are other ideas for eating the bacon and egg salad.
- Egg Salad Wraps - Wrapped up in deli ham or turkey. You can also make a lettuce wrap with this bacon ranch egg salad.
- Egg Salad Stuffed Celery - Fill celery with the bacon ranch egg salad for a great snack or side dish.
- Salad - On a bed of lettuce or arugula
- Egg Salad Sandwich - Make a low carb egg salad sandwich by putting the egg salad on a chaffle or low-carb piece of toast
Variation to Ranch Egg Salad
Change up the flavors of this ranch egg salad with these ideas of how to switch it up.
- Add Cheese - Stir in half a cup of shredded cheddar cheese to crack out this egg salad.
- Avocado - Dice up an avocado and stir into the egg salad for an avocado version of this ranch egg salad.
- Chicken - Make a great chicken bacon ranch egg salad by adding cooked cubed chicken to this base recipe for an egg version of bacon ranch chicken salad.
When egg salad has been properly stored in the fridge—in a sealed container in the refrigerator—it is safe to eat it within five days. This rule also applies to similar mayonnaise-based salads like chicken, tuna, ham, and macaroni salads. I have found this salad starts to lose the desirable texture with the bacon after 3 days.
If you don't have powdered ranch, cut the mayonnaise in half and replace it with ranch salad dressing.
Quick Low-Carb Recipes
Bacon Ranch Egg Salad
- 5 hard-boiled eggs
- 5 strips of cooked bacon
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon ranch dressing seasoning
- Chop up the hard-boiled eggs and place in a bowl.
- Crumble the bacon and add to the eggs.
- Stir in the mayonnaise and ranch seasoning to the eggs and bacon.
- Let chill before eating.
Linked up at weekend potluck