Bacon Ranch Egg Salad is a low-carb and keto egg salad recipe made with base ingredients of hard-boiled eggs, bacon, mayonnaise, and ranch seasoning and can be doctored up with the addition of items like green onions, cheese, and avocados. Egg salad is an easy, quick meal. When you are counting carbs the sweet pickle relish can kill your carb allotment for the day. A friend of mine recommended a great alternative to the traditional mustard and pickle with this bacon ranch egg salad that is a simple four-ingredient recipe.
Bacon Ranch Egg Salad is perfect eaten on a bed of lettuce or even for a stuffed celery recipe. Since making batches of hard-boiled eggs is an easy low-carb snack to have on hand, I make this bacon ranch egg salad regularly.
I am constantly making the easy to peel hard-boiled eggs to have to snack on for a quick low-carb snack. I decided to fry up some bacon and give this bacon ranch egg salad recipe a try.
- Hard-Boiled Eggs - If you haven't been making your hard-boiled eggs with my easy-peel method, be sure to check it out.
- Fried Bacon - Bacon, fresh pan-fried is best. But bacon crumbles will also work. They just will be a bit more chewy than crisp.
- Mayonnaise - Not to be confused with miracle whip or rather salad dressing. Mayonnaise is what you want here.
- Ranch Seasoning - Ranch seasoning is a staple seasoning in my house. I buy the Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoning by the bottle.
Add-in ingredients can also be used to make this low-carb egg salad to change it up. Here are ideas of what I have added to change the bacon and egg salad recipe up.
- Green onions
- Dill Pickles
How to Make Bacon Ranch Egg Salad
Slice and dice the eggs up and crumble the bacon in a bowl. I make this bacon ranch egg salad one slice of bacon to one egg. A perfect way to finely chop the eggs is with an egg slicer. I put the egg in twice in different directions to get the perfect cubes.
To the eggs and bacon add mayonnaise and ranch dressing seasoning. Mix completely to combine into one super-flavorful bacon ranch egg salad. The great thing about this egg salad is it also has some crunch to the salad thanks to the bacon.
Ways to Eat Low-Carb Egg Salad
- Wrapped up in deli ham or turkey
- Stuffed in celery
- On a bed of lettuce or arugula
- On a chaffle or low-carb piece of toast
Quick Low-Carb Recipes
Bacon Ranch Egg Salad
- 5 hard-boiled eggs
- 5 strips of cooked bacon
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon ranch dressing seasoning
- Chop up the hard-boiled eggs and place in a bowl.
- Crumble the bacon and add to the eggs.
- Stir in the mayonnaise and ranch seasoning to the eggs and bacon.
- Let chill before eating.
Linked up at weekend potluck