Crock pot chicken philly sandwiches are an easy pulled chicken sandwiches made with onion, peppers, chicken, steak seasoning, and butter. It is so easy to make. I love Philly Cheesesteaks. Love them. My husband loves them. So, when I had some peppers to use up, I decided to see if I could get a thumbs up on the chicken Philly sandwich version of the the beloved beef cheesesteaks.
The taste testers gave this chicken Philly two thumbs up for the meal. They even ate multiple sandwiches since I am pretty much always buying slider size rolls for the slider size hands of my kids.
Chicken Philly Sandwich Ingredients
The ingredients for this cheesy pulled chicken sandwich are household staples in my world. Here is what you will need to make these philly chicken sandwiches.
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- Bell Peppers
- Steak seasoning
How to Make Crock Pot Chicken Philly Sandwiches
The assembly of this recipe is fairly simple. Butter, peppers, onions, garlic, chicken, steak seasoning. Oh and the crock pot. Quick and easy chicken philly sandwich.
Now, I used bone in chicken thighs with skin. The butter was a little overkill. If I use skin on thighs again, I will cut the amount of butter. If I use chicken tenders or breasts, I know I will need the butter. Regardless, watch the moisture levels in the crock pot. A little water can be added to the crock pot about halfway through cooking.
The chicken will be fork tender to break apart and mix together with the onions and peppers. Bone-in chicken is also no problem. The chicken will fall right off the bone. Place on your buns of choice and top with provolone cheese. You can't beat these crock pot chicken philly sandwiches!
Philly Steak Inspired Recipes
Crock Pot Chicken Philly Sandwiches
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion sliced or 2 medium onions
- 2 large bell peppers sliced
- 2 garlic cloves finely minced
- 2 pounds boneless chicken
- 2 tablespoons steak seasoning divided
- 4 hoagie or sandwich buns
- 4 Provolone cheese slices
- Place pats of butter on the bottom of crock pot.
- Layer, peppers, onions, garlic, 1 tablespoon of steak seasoning, chicken, and remaining steak seasoning.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Add water halfway through if it appears to be dry.
- Use a fork to break apart chicken and mix together with onions and peppers.
- Serve on buns and top with cheese. Place under broiler to melt cheese, if desired.