Chinese food isn't necessarily our go-to takeout food, but when it is what we get for takeout, three out of four people in my house get pepper steak. Recently, a friend asked me what to do with a stockpile of sirloin steaks in their freezer from a quarter of beef. My first response was to grill them. But, then it occurred to me this crock pot pepper steak is what she should make with them. Crock Pot Pepper Steak is a flavorful Chinese food favorite combining strips of steak, bell peppers, onions, garlic, and with traditional Chinese flavors.
The great thing about this recipe is there is also a low-carb crock pot pepper steak version. I love having recipes that are good for low-carb and easily able to be a regular carb loaded meal as well.
Crock Pot Pepper Steak
What I love most about this crock pot pepper steak recipe is I can through it in the crock pot after work then have it ready and waiting when we get home from our evening activities with the family.
Even though this doesn't have to slow cook all day, with the help of the Better Than Bouillon. If you are a heavy bouillon cube or broth user who hasn't used Better Than Bouillon yet, do not wait any longer. It is a concentrate of flavor just like the cubes can be but in a paste form. I now always have the premium chicken, beef and roasted garlic in my fridge to help add a punch of flavor to many of my dishes. It lasts in the refrigerator longer than my broth than inevitably gets pushed to the back of the fridge and doesn't have the gritty consistency of cubes. This crock pot pepper steak really tasted so much richer with the Better Than Bouillon.
The assembly of this recipe just takes chopping up bell peppers, onions, and sirloin steak. To the bottom of your crock pot add several tablespoons of butter and then your peppers, onions, and steak.
Quickly combine soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, red pepper flakes, garlic, Better than Bouillon Premium Beef, and honey if you are not eating low-carb. If you are eating low-carb, leave the honey out of the recipe. The family won't miss the honey in the low-carb crock pot pepper steak.
Win Better Than Bouillon
Better Than Bouillon is giving away a few great prizes including a $50 Visa card and Better Than Bouillon Prize pack. Click on the link below to enter!
I-C will randomly select winners from all program entries and will facilitate fulfillment of the winning prizes 9 winners.
Looking for other great beef recipes? Check out these Philly Cheese Cube Steak Sandwiches.
Crock Pot Pepper Steak
- 1-2 pounds sirloin steak, sliced
- 2 whole onions cut into chunks and seperated
- 2 whole bell peppers cut into chunks
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons Premium Beef Better Than Bouillon
- 3 teaspoons fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons honey optional for low carb
- Place the butter in the bottom of the crock pot. Place the onions and peppers over the butter. Follow this with the steak.
- Mix the soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, ginger, red pepper flakes, Better Than Bouillon, and honey if you are using it. When completely combined, pour over the beef.
- Mix the peppers, onions, and beef together.
- Cook for three hours on high.
- Serve over rice or eat alone.
Other great recipes on Weekend Potluck.