Crock Pot Round Steak with a mushroom cream sauce recipe is a low-cost tender beef dish that was perfect served with pasta or mashed potatoes for an easy weeknight meal. If you are looking for budget meals, this is one for you. Round steak or cube steak works perfectly for this crock pot beef recipe.
For any of you who buy whole or half sides of freezer beef, you know that once in a while you pull out a package of meat and wonder what you are going to do with it. Well, we are getting to the bottom of the freezer and I pulled out two packages of rounds steak. You can't just Google recipes for round steak I discovered. So, I created a recipe of my own from inspiration from cubed steak recipes. Crock Pot Round Steak with a mushroom cream sauce was a tender beef dish that was perfect served with pasta.
Creamy Round Steak Recipe Ingredients
As I mentioned, I started with two frozen round steaks. In addition to the beef, I grabbed some additional ingredients.
- Two pounds of round steaks or cube steaks
- Cream of mushroom soup
- Sour cream
- Lipton's onion soup
- Steak seasoning
- Beef broth
How to Make Crock Pot Round Steak
If your steaks are frozen, defrost them for a bit and sprinkled with steak seasoning. These pieces of round steak were about ¾ inch thick and folded in half in the package. Season the inside and outside of the steaks if they are folded in half like mine are.
Next, mix together the cream of mushroom soup, sour cream, onion soup mix (use beefy onion or onion), and a can of mushrooms.
Then spoon the sauce in the fold and on top of each steak. Stack one round steak right on top of the other in the crock pot.
Finally, cook on low for about 8 hours.
The meat was tender and full of flavor. The kids asked for seconds so I would say it was a success.
Crock Pot Round Steak
- 2 pounds beef round or cube steaks
- 2 Tbls. steak seasoning
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 envelope Lipton's Beefy Onion or Onion soup mix
- 1 can mushrooms or 4 oz. fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup chicken or beef broth
- Rub the steak seasoning on both sides of the round steak.
- Mix together soup, sour cream, onion soup mix, mushrooms and broth.
- Spread on all sides of the steak and place the steaks in crock pot on top of each other.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours.
- Serve over cooked pasta, mashed potatoes, or rice.