The Crock Pot Italian chicken was easy to make and a hit with the kids. School is back in full swing and I am back having my love affair with my crock pot. A simple crock pot Italian chicken recipe with three ingredients of banana peppers, Italian seasoning, and chicken thighs that cooks all day in the crockpot for a perfect dinner entree on a busy weeknight.
Crock Pot Italian Chicken Ingredients
To make this super easy crock pot chicken recipe you will be shocked at how easy the ingredients for this Italian chicken. To make this easy crock pot chicken thigh recipe you will need:
- Boneless, skinless chicken thighs - chicken breasts will work too.
- Italian dressing seasoning
- Banana pepper rings and juice
I have a new favorite that can easily be used in "other" dishes to freeze or to eat later in the week. Especially since the husband still considers chicken to be a vegetarian meal. Start of course with the basics...
I use a combination of chicken breast and thighs for anything I do that is "slow roasted." I think white meat is so dry. Place a pound of breasts and thighs in the bottom of the crock pot.
Then the remaining ingredients are two items you can buy at Aldi's. A jar of pepper rings and two envelopes of Italian seasoning mix. Dump the pepper rings, juice and all on top of the chicken followed by the Italian mix. Pour both envelopes on and around the chicken.
Then let it cook on low for 8+ hours or high for at least 4 hours. When you remove the lid there will seem like a lot of liquid/broth, especially if you put frozen chicken in the crock pot. This isn't a bad thing.
If you used chicken with bones still or skin, remove bones and skin now. Then shred the chicken at put on low till you are ready to eat. If there was not a lot of liquid, add a little chicken broth or water.
Serve on buns or by itself. It would be great on a bed of romaine with feta cheese, peppers and olives too. Or even on top of Italian nachos. The list goes on and on for how I am going to use this chicken.
Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes
Crock Pot Italian Chicken
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts
- 12 oz jar of pepper rings
- 2 envelopes Italian Salad Dressing Mix
- Put chicken in the bottom of a crock pot. Pour pepper rings with juice over chicken. Sprinkle Italian mix over chicken. Cook on low for 8+ hours or on high for 4+ hours.
- After chicken has cooked, remove any bones or skin and shred. Keep on low till ready to eat. Add chicken broth or water if chicken seems to be drying out.
- Serve on buns or over pasta
What do you guys have cooking this week? Happy Labor Day!!
- Spicy Ranch 7-Layer Taco Dip - Single Serving Option - September 6, 2021
- Tomato Basil Sauce - Homemade Tomato Sauce Recipe - September 2, 2021
- Cucumbers and Sour Cream - How to Make Cucumber and Sour Cream Salad - July 25, 2021