As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
School is back in full swing and I am back having my love affair with my crock pot. The Crock Pot Italian chicken was easy to make and a hit with the kids.
Crock Pot Italian Chicken
And this time, I have a new favorite that can easily be used in “other” dishes to freeze or to eat later in the week. Especially since the husband still considers chicken to be a vegetarian meal. Start of course with the basics…
I use a combination of chicken breast and thighs for anything I do that is “slow roasted.” I think white meat is so dry. Place a pound of breasts and thighs in the bottom of the crock pot.
Then let it cook on low for 8+ hours or high for at least 4 hours. When you remove the lid there will seem like a lot of liquid/broth, especially if you put frozen chicken in the crock pot. This isn’t a bad thing.
If you used chicken with bones still or skin, remove bones and skin now. Then shred the chicken at put on low till you are ready to eat. If there was not a lot of liquid, add a little chicken broth or water.
Serve on buns or by itself. It would be great on a bed of romaine with feta cheese, peppers and olives too. Or even on top of Italian nachos. The list goes on and on for how I am going to use this chicken.
- 2 lbs of chicken breast thighs, or combination
- 1, 12 oz jar of pepper rings
- 2, .7 ounce envelopes of Italian Salad Dressing and Spice Mix
- Put chicken in the bottom of a crock pot. Pour pepper rings with juice over chicken. Sprinkle Italian mix over chicken. Cook on low for 8+ hours or on high for 4+ hours.
- After chicken has cooked, remove any bones or skin and shred. Keep on low till ready to eat. Add chicken broth or water if chicken seems to be drying out.
- Serve on buns.
What do you guys have cooking this week? Happy Labor Day!!
- Sheet Pan Pork Chops, Sweet Potatoes and Red Potatoes - April 4, 2020
- Air Fryer Pizza Bites on Naan Bread - March 25, 2020
- Italian Squares – Antipasto Stuffed Crescent Rolls - March 19, 2020