Impossible ham and swiss pie is a simple recipe to make with leftover ham and biscuit mix for an easy weeknight dinner. This ham casserole is easy to make and requires very little prep work and then baking for 45 minutes until it is a golden brown. A great recipe for when you don't have a lot of time to prepare dinner but have time to let it bake.
Impossible Ham Pie Ingredients
- Diced Ham - Leftover ham works great but the diced ham from the deli meat area works great.
- Biscuit Mix
- Cheese - Swiss is perfect but Havarti, Monterey Jack, and gouda would work well too.
- Onions - If you are not an onion person, the onions can be omitted.
How to Make Impossible Ham and Swiss Pie
Since this recipe is impossibly easy, my kids helped make it. Start by beating four eggs and adding one cup of biscuit baking mix. Continue by adding two cups of milk and mix till combined.
Impossible Ham and Swiss Pie
- 2 cups diced cooked ham
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- ⅓ cup onion diced
- 4 eggs beaten
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup biscuit baking mix
- salt and pepper to taste
- Grease a 10-inch deep dish pie plate. Spread ham over the bottom of the pie pan and then layer with cheese and onions.
- Whisk eggs, milk, and biscuit mix together until smooth. Add salt and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture over top of the ham and cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 400 degrees for 35-40 minutes, until golden and a knife tip comes out clean.
Gooseberry Patch gave me the cookbook to review and another to giveaway to my readers. Opinions are all mine. Affiliate links were used in this post.