Lovers of red velvet cake and cream cheese icing cannot resist these red velvet ooey gooey butter bars. A simple cake mix brownie recipe made with a red velvet cake mix with cream cheese, powdered sugar and butter baked topping. These red velvet bars are so easy to make my 12-year-old daughter made them almost entirely by herself.
Red Velvet Ooey Gooey Butter Bars Ingredients
The ingredients you need to make ooey gooey butter bars are:
- Cake Mix
- Cream Cheese
- Powdered Sugar
How to Make Red Velvet Ooey-Gooey Butter Bars
Begin by mixing together the red velvet cake mix, one stick of butter that has been melted, and one egg. This will be a thick mixture that feels much more like a crust than a soupy brownie mixture. Press the cake mixture combination into the bottom of a greased 13 X 9 pan.
In another pan beat the softened cream cheese until smooth. Slowly add the two eggs, vanilla, and two eggs. When completely smooth, begin adding the powdered sugar. Continue mixing until all the powdered sugar is mixed in. Then pour over the top of the red velvet base.
Spread the cream cheese mixture over the cake mix dough. Make sure it is evenly spread and then bake on 350 degrees for about 40 minutes. The doneness is tricky since this is best when it is still gooey!
When the bars are done the top will be a golden brown. The top should not be giggly but it definitely won't be clean to a toothpick. Red Velvet Ooey Gooey Butter Bars are a perfect combination of textures and flavors.
When the red velvet ooey gooey bars are cooled, you can go ahead and cut them into squares. A pan of brownie can give you 12 -24 bars depending on how small or large you cut the bars.
Cake Mix Recipes
Red Velvet Ooey Gooey Butter Bars
- 1 box red velvet cake mix
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 1, 8-ounce block of cream cheese
- 16 ounces powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the cake mix, 1 stick of butter, melted, and one egg. Combine with a mixer or by hand and then press into a greased 13X9 pan.
- In a seperate bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the 2 eggs and vanilla. Continue to beat until smooth.
- Slowly add the powdered sugar to the cream cheese. Continue to mix until all the powdered sugar is incorporated.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture over the red velvet crust. Spread out over the entire shelf.
- Bake on 350 degrees for 40 minutes.