For those of you on the fence on whether you should get an air fryer or not, I am officially telling you this is hands down the best tater tot maker. Ever. Or at least the Ninja Foodi Air Fryer Tater Tots are the new addiction in our house.
Ninja Foodi Air Fryer Tater Tots are the best made at home tater tots. So simple to make and ready in under 15 minutes. For extra crunch, make mini tater tots instead of the larger tater tots for the ultimate crispy to the soft inside combination.
What do you need to make crispy tater tots at home?
From the right equipment to the best tater tots, you need just three simple things to make the absolute best tater tots at home.
- Mini Tater Tots - While regular tater tots and even those crowns or rounds can be used, mini tater tots rule at our house.
- Salt - Just own that these tater tots are best when seasoned. Sea Salt works. Seasoned salt is better.
- Air Fryer - If I get asked what kind of air fryer, I default to the Ninja Foodi or Ninja Grill + Air Fryer. They are my favorite.
How to Make Tater Tots in the Air Fryer?
Now when I got the Ninja Foodi, I really thought I would be making Brussels sprouts non-stop but quickly discover my carb-addicted family would quickly find that mini tater tots made in the Ninja Foodi with the air crisper function would really be our go-to food.
Start making these air fryer tater tots by preheating the air fryer to 390-400 degrees. I have several air fryers and they differ in what I can set my air fryer on.
When the air fryer is heated up, add a single to just barely a double layer of tater tots. Close the lid and begin cooking the tater tots. Set the timer for 15 minutes but stir or shake them up half way through the cooking time.
When the mini tater tots are done, dump them in a serving bowl and sprinkle with salt or seasoned salt. Dipping sauces are a must too. We love ketchup or mayochup for our tater tots.
Best Air Fryer to Get
When it comes to making these air fryer tater tots, the right air fryer matter. Ninja Foodi is what I recommend. If you are dying to make these mini tater tots her are the other things you need to make these amazing crispy potato snacks.
Air Fryer Recipes
I am so obsessed with my air fryer that it never gets put away. Here are some of the easiest recipes to make in the air fryer.
Ninja Foodi Air Fryer Tater Tots
- Ninja Foodi
- 32 ounce bag Mini Tater Tots
- Sea Salt or Seasoning Salt
- Dump half the bag of the mini tater tots into the air crisper basket for Ninja Foodi.
- Set the air crisper setting to 400° and 15 minutes.
- Close the lid and press start.
- About halfway through the cooking time, stir the tater tots. Cook until your crispy preference is reached.
- Remove from Foodi and repeat with the remainder of the bag.
- Season with sea salt or seasoning salt.