My church put out a cookbook a few years back. Of course I can’t resist a cookbook that has proceeds that go to a good cause. Plus, you and I both know, church recipes are the tried and true. Only your favorites make the cookbook. And this dessert is one of my favorite pumpkin desserts. Thanks to my friend, Dawn, for sharing this with all of us.
Combine 1 can of pumpkin, 1 can of evaporated milk, 1 1/2 cup sugar, 3 eggs, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon salt together.
Top with a box of dry yellow cake mix and 1/2 cup of nuts. Don’t worry about clumps in your cake mix. It will all back out.
Then drizzle 1/2 cup of melted butter over the nuts.
You can tell already this is going to be good and it has taken you less than five minutes to put together.
Bake for 50-55 minutes on 350 degrees till the top is golden brown.
And of course you serve it with whipped topping!
- 1 can of pumpkin
- 1 can of evaporated milk
- 1½ cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 boxed yellow or white cake mix
- ½ cup of chopped nuts
- ½ cup of butter melted
- Combine first 6 ingredients.
- Pour into a greased 13x9 pan.
- Sprinkle cake mix over pumpkin mixture. Then sprinkle nuts over top.
- Pour melted butter over top of the nuts.
- Bake on 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes.
- Serve with whipped cream.