If any of you have a love for the cheesy goodness of Philly Cheese steaks, you are not going to be able to resist this Philly Cheese Steak pizza. It is so much like the Domino's Philly Cheese Steak Pizza but made easily at home with leftover beef roast.
I had made the PW's pizza crust for a pizza earlier in the week when I was going to be at a meeting. I figured the hubby could put together a pizza if I had all the ingredients. So, I needed to use the other half of the dough. I also had some leftover Italian Beef, so I figured I could make some kind of pizza. But, if you have a tube of store bought, feel free to use that too!
How to Make Philly Cheese Steak Pizza
To get started, I caramelized onions, green peppers and mushrooms. For a quick catch up on how to do that, go here.
To start getting the pizza ready, I start by putting some EVOO and garlic powder down on a round pizza stone. I then use a paper towel to spread it out over the stone.
Then I spread the dough over top and put slices of provolone on top of the dough. I used no tomato based sauce.
Since the Italian Beef had been in the fridge, I warmed it up a little in the microwave and then drained all the extra broth and juice off of the meat. I had about 1.5 cups of meat. I sprinkled that over top of the cheese.
By this point, my caramelized veggies were ready. I then layered all of them over top of the meat.
Then I shredded 8 ounces of pepperjack cheese and covered the pizza.
I baked the pizza on 450 degrees for about 12-15 minutes. You want the dough to be done and the cheese to brown.
Cut the pizza in either triangles or rectangles. Serve immediately to enjoy the piping hot cheesy goodness of the philly cheesesteak pizza.
It was amazing. I am to the point that I am making Italian Beef to have all the yummy things I make from the leftovers.
Pizza is always a go-to recipe at our house. Some of our favorite pizza recipes are not traditional pizza recipes at all. We love these unique pizza recipes.
Philly CheeseSteak Pizza
- 1 pizza crust dough
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- 1 onion sliced
- 2 peppers sliced
- 8 ounces mushrooms sliced
- 2 cups Italian Beef or other shredded beef juices drained
- 2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Melt butter in skillet, add onions and peppers. Cook until they begin to brown and soften.
- Add mushrooms and cook additional five minutes.
- Drizzle olive oil on backing stone or cookie sheet. Sprinkle oil with garlic powder.
- Spread oil and garlic powder around pan with a paper towel. Press pizza dough down over top of the garlic olive oil.
- Place sliced provolone over the entire pizza dough. Layer the beef, onions, peppers and mushrooms followed by the pepper jack cheese.
- Bake on 450 degrees for 12-15 minutes.